Council Tax reduction for spouses of Military personnel serving abroad.

:(I am in the Military and have been living and working abroad for the past three years. I have tried on several occassions to get my girlfriend a Council tax reduction (Single occupancy) as she has remained in the UK. The House she lives in is joint owned by the both of us. I pay a form of council tax at my foreign address and therefore dont think she should be paying the full rate of Council Tax. I believe it seems to be a form of post code lottery as some Councils reduce it and some don't. My house is in Plymouth, Devon. Does anybody have any advice as to what I can do??:(


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools