kenwood travel?

Options
hi all,
we plan to book a longhaul holiday in july.
the best price i can get online is with kenwood travel whom i have never heard of before.
similar holiday with other online travel agents is upto £600 costlier!!
has anyone used kenwoodtravel.com before? are they reliable?
can i trust them? they do seem to be ABTA approved.
thanks

Comments

• SCOYA
    SCOYA Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I recently booked a trip to Dubai via Kenwood Travel (based in London), as have friends. Really helpful and knowledgeable staff, and a very good price too. No complaints here.
  • FredHayy
    Options
    Booked through their website what we thought was a very good priced holiday, especially when we requested the same flight as several friends and family were travelling on.
    Several weeks later they email saying you have been moved to another flight and gave no reason for this change.
    I contacting Kenwood we were told that Virgin enforced this change.
    Contacted Virgin and they advised that they only change booked seats if there is a schedule change, they then advised that it was our travel agent who requested the change.
    After several conflicting emails, we were advised that our original flight is available BUT WE NEED TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL £560.00.
    Not happy and had a refund, would advise not to use them.
    Their communication is also very slow, usually taking two days to respond.
    I would never recommend Kenwood Travel.
  • delwynshd
    delwynshd Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    Options
    Kenwood travels webiste isnt a live system 9 times out of 10 the price when you contact the agent to book will be different

Del
    I am a Travel Agent

My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • Neilandrewhall
    Options
    I agree with Del
  • miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    SCOYA wrote: »
    I recently booked a trip to Dubai via Kenwood Travel (based in London), as have friends. Really helpful and knowledgeable staff, and a very good price too. No complaints here.

We have used them several times also, with no problems. Worth noting that the previous two responses are from travel agents - conflict of interest?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure