Post Office HomePhone inclusive calls + rental increase

in Phones & TV
5 replies 2.1K views
QuentinQuentin Forumite
40.4K Posts
✭✭✭✭✭
PO say they will increase line rental £1/month from next month (21/5/12), and at the same time launch 24/7 inclusive calls for £4.50/month.

Replies

• jhpjhp Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Your be better off on the inclusive evening and weekend calls deal used in conjunction with 18185 unless you make more then 90 peak 01/02/03 calls a month.
  • PaulHUKPaulHUK Forumite
    61 Posts
    Quentin wrote: »
    PO say they will increase line rental £1/month from next month (21/5/12), and at the same time launch 24/7 inclusive calls for £4.50/month.

An 8% increase in their prices. With other price changes it is true, but the base price increase of 8% seems a bit steep.
  • I just received my letter:
    Monthly rental =+8%
    Daytime call rate to UK Landlines +40%
    Connection charge +25%

The offset is Daytime Mobile rates -17% & Evening Mobile rates -39%, overseas Daytime & Evening rates -2.1%

Be careful if you are just switching to them because their website doesn't mention that their rates will be going up from 21st May.

Post Office is adding an Anytime UK Landline option from 21 May for £4.50 per month.

However, nearly anything is better than BT, there is no contrct so you can escape at a month's notice, it's still a bit cheaper than BT, and if you use 18185 or similar as well, like I do, then it's stiil (just) bearable.
  • lordgoatalordgoata Forumite
    21 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Mr_Crunch wrote: »
    I just received my letter:
    Monthly rental =+8%
    Daytime call rate to UK Landlines +40%
    Connection charge +25%

The offset is Daytime Mobile rates -17% & Evening Mobile rates -39%, overseas Daytime & Evening rates -2.1%

Be careful if you are just switching to them because their website doesn't mention that their rates will be going up from 21st May.

Thanks for that, I was just looking at switching to them today!
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't do much about the £1 rental increase, but you don't have to pay the increase in call charges and connection charges for daytime calls! (Use an override provider who gives you free calls, with just a 5p connection charge to pay)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/home-phone-calls#step2
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides