Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Restaurants

Options
13»

Comments

• StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have just had an independent chippy open up in Chester, absolutely delighful, if you happen to be in the area I would fully recommend :)

http://blackstocks.co.uk/Blackstocks_Fish_%26_Chips/Blackstocks_Fish_and_Chips_Chester.html
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • noodle_doodle
    Options
    I always get a lot of fliers for new takeaways through the front door, and most of the new ones seem to be turkish run - they seem to do *everything* (pizza, fish, burgers, kebabs, chips) except curry n chinese stuff. I guess they make a profit because they stay open from lunchtime till 3 in the morning, whereas my nearest traditional chippy has the opening hours of a crown court judge who's just realised it's friday afternoon and a quick round before snifters at the 19th is in order...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport