IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

fuel costs calc help please

in Motoring
1 reply 470 views
Any clever mse mebers please?

Husband taking new job with a pay cut and we are trying to calcualte if he can afford to take it.

he currently has pettol costs of 200 miles a week and the new job would mean nil travel costs.

Can anyone give me an approx figure of how much petrol costs are for 200 miles a week?????????

assuming 38 miles per gallon on an average price per gallon of petrol eg 5 and half gallons of petrol?

I dont know where to begin as i havent a clue how much a gallon of petrol costs?

any help very very much appreciated
Thankyou
I found my eutopia tee hee I live in canada yeehaa!

Replies

• pompeyrichpompeyrich Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    petrol is around 90p a litre, there are approx 4.5 liters to the gallon therfore a gallon is roughly £4, so on your calculation of 38mpg the cost is around £22 a week. There is also wear and tear, tyres etc to take into account plus travelling time etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals