New Post Advanced Search

Old premium bonds

3 replies 7K views
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I've got 4 premium saving bonds dating 1959,1968,1970 and 1972. Is there a site I can contact to see if they have come up ?They were my late Grandads.

Replies

• whitewingwhitewing Forumite
    11.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I changed the address on mine, they sent a letter confirming the change and stated there were no outstanding prizes.

I imagine they will do the same if you contact them re your grandad's. Look on the NS & I website for the procedure to notify them/address to write to.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • penrhynpenrhyn Forumite
    15.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • torbrextorbrex
    71.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It might have been better if you had asked this on the Savings & Investments board

In answer to your question, it doesn't matter about the date of issue of the bonds, they became null and void after the death of the holder and no winnings can be paid out.
    You should still be able to reclaim the face value of them if you get a form from the post office and send it in with a copy of the holder's death certificate.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support