be aware - con artists

Options
my aunt had a win on the bingo which she split 3 ways recently. not a huge win but a hefty amount for a pensioner.

when she was shopping in her local tesco there were some 'deaf' people 'collecting' for deaf children. feeling flush she opened her purse and gave them £10.

as she was leaving the store the collectors came over to her and started doing what she believed was sign language, she was trying her best to explain to these 'deaf' people that she didnt really understand what they were on about and she left the store full of apologies until she discovered outside that the 'deaf' people had pinched her purse.

of course they had scarpered. tesco have it all on cctv.

absolute !!!!!. (the theieves not the dibble)

so please everyone be careful and warn those vulnerable what you know.

these underhand pick pocket tactics are becoming worse and worse.

absolute scum
There's someone in my head, but it's not me

Comments

• gyzmo
    gyzmo Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have seen people like this before in Manchester. They are supposed to be deaf (and Spanish, I believe), collecting petitions to allow them to stay in the country, but then asking for money when it turns out you have signed some sponsorship form (and people felling guilty at not paying).

The general rule is to look for an ID card. Charity collectors usually work in groups, and also check with shop staff if they are hanging outside a particular door - they may know them.
    Don't bother trying to sue me - I've got no money!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure