Help Me Get Debt Free Please

2»

Replies

• mamadenmamaden Forumite
    44 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I will be speaking to her at the weekend.
    She is getting married next year and yes, they will be applying for a mortgage.
    I cannot let my daughter suffer because of my stupidness so I am going to come clean to her, and then the catalogues. If I get done for fraud then so be it, my argument will be lock me up for fraud then I wont be able to pay you back as I will not be earning enough in prison.
    I was stupid and it is entirley selfish of me to try and expect my daughter to suffer because of my stupid actions.
    She is not in a position to help me out and I do not know of any loan company that will lend me the money as I am a tenant and a discharged (2006) bankrupt.
    Thank you all for your advice and I will follow the thread in post number 6 when I get home from work.
    Denise x
  • liuhutliuhut Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, I have just re-read what I put.
    At least if your daughter knows she is for-warned IYNWIM. I would sit down and do a SOA and try to put a plan together, at least when you tell her you will have something positive to say as well.

Is there anything from the catalogues that you can send back, that you have just received or has gone faulty. If not what about trying to sell things on ebay to make some extra money. There are lots of ideas on this site for making a few extra quid.
    Good luck, hope it all works out.
    WIN £2008 in 2008 £1836.31 2009 wins - £91!!! 2010 wins in Oz $ 6170.... wins 2011 aprox $2000
    MFIT - number 37. Reduce my mortgage from £63,500 to £48,000. now at 54,000...
  • mamadenmamaden Forumite
    44 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Nothing can be sent back as it has all been used. I will talk to her when I see her over the weekend, and I will give her the option of me admitting that I have ordered the stuff in her name without her knowing.
    I will have to work out exactly what I can offer these catalogues each month and I will also let them know that my payments will increase after about 3-4 months until the debt is cleared in approx 11 months.
    Does anyone know where I can get any ideas for how to make the offers as I am really rubbish at writing letters.
    Thanks again for everyones advice and I will let you know how I get on.
    Thanks
    Denise x
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

£10-£50 London theatre tickets

For over 45 shows in January and February

MSE Deal

Join the 1p Savings Challenge 2022!

It should help you save £667.95

MSE Forum