Pizza Express 2 for 1

Options
Does any one know when they changed their offer from 2 for 1 pizza's on Weneaday when using an Orange phone code which used to include x 2 plates of free dough balls to what i was told by the manager (and charged for!!) yesterday evening in their walton on thames restaurant was now 2 for 1 pizza and 2 for 1 dough balls. Which means you now pay for x 1 pizza and x1 dough balls, an extra £3.20 on an evening out. I have searched high and low on the web to see where the information of the offer being changed has been put to inform us, but I cannot find it.

Comments

• Locky
    Locky Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    arion11 wrote: »
    Does any one know when they changed their offer from 2 for 1 pizza's on Weneaday when using an Orange phone code which used to include x 2 plates of free dough balls to what i was told by the manager (and charged for!!) yesterday evening in their walton on thames restaurant was now 2 for 1 pizza and 2 for 1 dough balls. Which means you now pay for x 1 pizza and x1 dough balls, an extra £3.20 on an evening out. I have searched high and low on the web to see where the information of the offer being changed has been put to inform us, but I cannot find it.

They changed it at the beginning of April as I was surprised too when I went on the 4th April.

See here: http://web.orange.co.uk/article/pizzaexpress

The date on the article is 2007 but the text shows the doughballs bit:

"... you can also get 2 for 1 on those legendary Pizza Express dough balls"
  • rogerbarton
    rogerbarton Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    So to clarify the procedure (as I want to use the Orange Wednesday code for the first time on Weds in Pizza Express) you can get 2 for 1 only on pizzas and the dough balls (what are the dough balls, a dessert?) and all you need to do is show your Orange Wednesday code?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Tomby1
    Tomby1 Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    (what are the dough balls, a dessert?)

They are a starter. Dough Balls with garlic butter. And yes, mention you have one whilst you order.
  • Locky
    Locky Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So to clarify the procedure (as I want to use the Orange Wednesday code for the first time on Weds in Pizza Express) you can get 2 for 1 only on pizzas and the dough balls (what are the dough balls, a dessert?) and all you need to do is show your Orange Wednesday code?

It's not just pizzas - you can have any main course.

See Ts&Cs:

Orange Wednesdays text code entitles the bearer to one free serving of Dough Balls "PizzaExpress" when purchasing another serving of Dough Balls "PizzaExpress". The bearer can also get one free main course when purchasing another main course from the menu at PizzaExpress. The bearer does not need to have both Dough Balls and a main course, but rather can choose to redeem either independently.

One text code per Orange Wednesdays customer. Only valid on a Wednesday. The lower-priced main course will be free. Offer expires 6 September, 2012.

Please mention this offer when ordering and show your Orange Wednesdays text code to a member of waiting staff.
  • jordanchaos
    jordanchaos Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    Tomby1 wrote: »
    They are a starter. Dough Balls with garlic butter.
    There IS a dough balls dessert too! Surprisingly good!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure