HELP! I am struggling!!

Options
Can anyone help me please? I am not finding it easy to navigate around this site and cannot find the answer to my query. I am posting this question here but if this is the wrong place, please advise & I apologise in advance. This site is very confusing to people with very little web experience!
I have started trying to re-claim unfair bank charges and downloaded all the letters and procedures.
I followed the instructions on sending the first letter (to Barclays, with a £10 p.order for the Data Prot Act charge) requesting details of all bank charges for the last 6 yrs.

They returned the p.o.with a letter saying that they
'The Bank is not under any obligation to present information according to any particular format. However, you may of course obtain this data from copy statements and these will be supplied to you within the next few weeks without charge on this occasion. We would advise however, that statement information prior to 2000 is stored manually rather than on computer. Therefore, if your account was opened prior to this time, there may be an increase in the time required to collate the information you have requested. ...' as the statements were freee they returned the p.o.

This means that it could be weeks before they supply the info.. is this allowed or do they have to provide the info requested in the format requested?
Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed please?
thanks in anticipation
by the way, is there a more direct way of asking questions and getting answers please? I only hope I can find this thread again!!!
Dannagel

Comments

• sarahmoon_2
    Options
    They have 40 days from receipt of your letter to give you the statements. The Bank Charges Discussion thread might be what your looking for or I'm certain there will be a Barclays thread somewhere aswell.
    They took my signature away!!!! :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport