Help....Has anyone claimed bank charges back from Halifax?

Options
13»

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    mascotty wrote: »
    Is there a template that I can send to my bank as all these PPI and claim companies seem to take a large sum if you win and nothing if you don't, I would prefer to go to the Halifax direct with a letter or a email with a template as sometimes my wording is not the greatest strength, and am sure they owe me quite a substantial amount of the last 15 years with charges etc. and help and advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance

You might well be sure that they owe you "quite a substantial amount"; but the Halifax may well take a different view. It depends on what you mean by "charges etc".

If you are talking about bank charges and interest on an overdraft, then the chances of getting back 15 years worth are basically zero. Only if you can demonstrate current financial hardship will the Halifax consider making some kind of good will gesture.

If you are talking about packaged bank account fees, you can complain it was mis-sold. Ditto if you paid PPI on any loans or credit cards.

Do you have any records of these "charges etc"?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure