Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

turning recycleables into funds for charity

dollydaydream07
dollydaydream07 Posts: 442 Forumite
edited 9 April 2012 at 11:49AM in Charities
Hi all,

i am a volunteer and member of a small epilepsy charity www.esuk.uk.com and we fundraise to provide adults and children, in the UK, who suffer with epilepsy, FREE anti suffocation pillows
The pillows costs £45 EACH and all our funds come from donations from members and any fundraising them and we do.

We are currently collecting stamps which will be sold to a stamp collector and the money raised will go towards buying the pillows.

We are looking for other ways to raise funds, such as collecting and recycling ink cartridges, but we aren't too sure on how to go about this?

Does anyone have any tips, companies to use? or any other easy recycleable things to turn to funds we could collect to turn into funds?

Many Thanks
Adele
ESUK Member Support

Comments

• can anyone help at all?
    thanks
  • orville_2
    orville_2 Posts: 26 Forumite
    try the recycling factory - www.therecyclingfactory.com . They partner with loads of charities - see Charities page on their website - all the top ones - RNLI, NSPCC, MS Society, PDSA, British Heart Foundation, Mencap - lots of them
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Have you got any knitters or sewers locally who would be able to fundraise?
    I make doggy duvets- all recycled materials- and sell them for a charity. A friend used to knit pooch pullovers- again wool donated and items sold for charity.
    Shopping bags sewn from oddments?
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • orville wrote: »
    try the recycling factory - www.therecyclingfactory.com . They partner with loads of charities - see Charities page on their website - all the top ones - RNLI, NSPCC, MS Society, PDSA, British Heart Foundation, Mencap - lots of them
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Have you got any knitters or sewers locally who would be able to fundraise?
    I make doggy duvets- all recycled materials- and sell them for a charity. A friend used to knit pooch pullovers- again wool donated and items sold for charity.
    Shopping bags sewn from oddments?

Thank you both :))
    i will have a look at the recycling factory
    and between us we will discuss the knitting and sewing idea
    Thank you again
    Adele
    ESUK Member Support
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    saw this on the green forum- collecting aluminium cans:
    http://thinkcans.net/cash-for-cans/charity
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • NumboJumbo
    NumboJumbo Posts: 105
    First Post
    Forumite
    How about turning trash into cash - literally!
    http://www.terracycle.co.uk/en-UK/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport