The Swagbucks Challenge

Options

Comments

• DreamerV
    DreamerV Posts: 823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bundance wrote: »
    Thanks, where do you get the names for referrals please?
    None of my online friends would be into swagbucks

You can post once on the referrals board in the MSE forums. That will often get you one sign-up who then posts afterwards so they get the next one, and so it continues. But that one person can bring you over 150 SBs in 2 weeks if they're active, and continue to do so for some time.
  • DreamerV
    edited 21 April 2012 at 10:15AM
    Options
    Arghhh! My meter is stuck at 58 although I have about 75 SB today. I hope it fixes itself. I've tried clearing my history, logging out and back in, using a different browser, etc.

Edited: it has fixed itself :)
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know whta you ean.
    I couldnt seem to download a swidget, so I gave up.
    Swagbucks=masses of time for little reward.

No need to download one. You google to find a working one and then bookmark the page.
    Swagbucks = more time put in = more rewards to be had ... it is what you make of it
  • DreamerV
    Options
    I know whta you ean.
    I couldnt seem to download a swidget, so I gave up.
    Swagbucks=masses of time for little reward.

Like Cally said, you don't need to download it.

With regards to the masses of time...

You're unlikely to make enough on the site to replace a job e.g. in employment in 1 hour you can make over £6. But for extra "pocket money" or Amazon vouchers, it's great. Even if I take the 3 or 4 seconds in the morning to set up SB TV mobile, and leave it running for an hour and a half without any input from me, that would bag me £105 of Amazon vouchers per year. For many people that would pay for birthday presents for immediate family for the year, or be a fair contribution towards Xmas presents, or for me pay for textbooks I wouldn't be able to otherwise afford. And that's for no effort. With a little extra effort (not much) I can do the daily poll, noso, and log in on the toolbar every day, and I'll end up with an extra £10 in Amazon vouchers yearly. And then there's referrals and videos to watch. I guess what I'm saying is that it all adds up. And it's all stuff you can do with minimal effort/in spare time. If you don't enjoy it, or resent having to put time in though, then you are best to not do it. For me, it's definitely worth it :)
  • Toby_2012
    Toby_2012 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    DreamerV wrote: »
    Like Cally said, you don't need to download it.

With regards to the masses of time...

You're unlikely to make enough on the site to replace a job e.g. in employment in 1 hour you can make over £6. But for extra "pocket money" or Amazon vouchers, it's great. Even if I take the 3 or 4 seconds in the morning to set up SB TV mobile, and leave it running for an hour and a half without any input from me, that would bag me £105 of Amazon vouchers per year. For many people that would pay for birthday presents for immediate family for the year, or be a fair contribution towards Xmas presents, or for me pay for textbooks I wouldn't be able to otherwise afford. And that's for no effort. With a little extra effort (not much) I can do the daily poll, noso, and log in on the toolbar every day, and I'll end up with an extra £10 in Amazon vouchers yearly. And then there's referrals and videos to watch. I guess what I'm saying is that it all adds up. And it's all stuff you can do with minimal effort/in spare time. If you don't enjoy it, or resent having to put time in though, then you are best to not do it. For me, it's definitely worth it :)

Hi, would you mind taking a moment to explain SB TV mobile? and how you just 'leave it running'?

Many thanks,

Toby
  • Glamourforall
    Options
    How do i start a post without it being a reply to a thread ?
  • beveleygray
    Options
    Help, not been on here before and not sure how to post a new thread so i'll do it here. I am a loan parent, full time on a degree course, student finance only supports for 42 weeks. My question is what we do financially for the other 10 weeks, i cant apply for work as we are on placement (without pay) as its part of the course. if anyone can point me in the right direction please help.
  • DreamerV
    Options
    Toby_2012 wrote: »
    Hi, would you mind taking a moment to explain SB TV mobile? and how you just 'leave it running'?

Many thanks,

Toby

Hi Toby :)

The link to it is somewhere on this thread. I had a quick look but couldn't find it. Don't have much time as I've got studies to catch up on, but if you look for it you should find it. If you access this forum from your phone, and click on the link on that post, you can download sb tv mobile. It's like the sb tv on the computer, except you can just click on a clip to make it start, and it just runs through clip after clip until it's given you 50 SB. Comedy is the fastest one to credit you 50 as the clips are fairly short.

Also it's free to download, and I leave it running at home or uni where I have access to wifi.

Hope that helps :)
  • bundance
    bundance Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    Help, not been on here before and not sure how to post a new thread so i'll do it here. I am a loan parent, full time on a degree course, student finance only supports for 42 weeks. My question is what we do financially for the other 10 weeks, i cant apply for work as we are on placement (without pay) as its part of the course. if anyone can point me in the right direction please help.

Hi

If you are not allowed to work, you may not be allowed to earn any money online, as that may count.
    I would make a post in the benefits forum, to see if you are entitled to any assistance from the state.
    Here it is.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139
  • bundance
    bundance Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    How do i start a post without it being a reply to a thread ?

Go to the "up your income" forum and hit the "new thread" button at the top.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure