DWP ESA Overpayment?

Options
2»

Comments

• Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    With my case the DWP did action it and sent me a letter stating thy had re-looked at my claim as there was a change to the money coming in and then went on to state that there was no change. I had sent them a letter with my calculations of my overpayment but still no change. So what do I do now? I absolutely refuse to telephone them as I just get told such conflicting information.

I agree about getting the forms back promptly and have sent mine back by return post as I knew it was going up by 5.2%.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    edited 3 April 2012 at 9:09PM
    Options
    jonliv wrote: »
    OP Were you on Incapacity Benefit when you started to receive your occupational pension? and are now migrated to ESA? Are you on the highest rate of DLA?

If so these transitional arrangements may apply to you and your occupational pension will be ignored for the purpose of ESA

41. Contributory ESA customers and Incapacity Benefit customers who claimed after 2001 have
    half the amount of any income from occupational pension over £85 per week deducted from
    their contributory benefit. However Incapacity Benefit and Severe Disablement Allowance
    customers who claimed benefit prior to 2001 or are entitled to higher rate care component of
    DLA have any occupational pension fully disregarded.
    If, on migration to ESA, ESA rules are
    applied to these customers, those with occupational pensions over £85 per week could see
    a significant reduction in their benefit. Therefore to ensure that customers do not see a
    reduction in their benefit on migration the occupational pensions disregard will be carried
    forward into ESA for customers who currently have any occupational pension disregarded.
    This will mean that there will be different rules for the treatment of occupational pension in
    ESA until there are no customers with an occupational pension disregard remaining on ESA.
    This will protect the level of benefit for up to 30,000 people.

Where can I find this quote online please? I have just been told I have been overpaid and owe them money, and this despite having all information about my Occ Pension for years! It appears somewhere along the line, details have not been updated. I have also told them about the info quoted by jonlive (thanks btw), and nothing has happened. It's all very frustrating.

Sorry OP, I don't have an answer for you. :(

edit: I did have a call one day recently from the dept dealing with my occ pension details and they asked if I had TWO pensions as they had 2 sets of details. I said I should be so lucky. Never heard anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure