Trivial Pension

Hi when is a trivial not a travial i left the mines in 1991 after 25 years when thay closd and went fishing i was talked into moving my mine works pension to abbey life i was told i could had to it so in 1992 i put £1000 into it only to find out it was not added to my pension but put in a separate pension so i would not put any more £1000's in.ps in 1998 i moved my pension back to the mine works for missold by abbey life. and on 31 jan 05 i got my pension from mine works at age 58 i got lump sum £12100 and £400 pm.
and now my £1000 in abbey life after 15 years has gone to a grand sum of
£1175. of which i have the folowing opitions
A .lump sum £293 and £33 py
B .full pension £48 py
C .open market option £1175
D .lump sum plus open market option £293 £881
E .a transfer value £1175
F .lump sum £293 plus taxable lump sum £881.
i filled in the trivial form from the pack and got a reply total amount of your benefits across all sources exceeds the limit under triviality
thanks for eneyn help

Comments

• EdInvestor
    EdInvestor Posts: 15,749 Forumite
    To take advantage of the trivial rule, your total pension has to be worth 15k or less, so your mines pension rules that out, as it is worth much more.

At least you have been sorted out as far as the misselling of the main pension is concerned.

You might be best to transfer this money into a better pension and see if you can get it to grow a bit if you're fairly young and don't need the money right now.
    Trying to keep it simple...;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport