Advice on a claiming both bank and credit charges

Options
I am regretably in some debt currently. We are in the process of claiming bank charges back, though in the claim was also approx £600 of current charges. They have now closed the account and the charges seem to have disappeared. They haven't responded to my first letter asking for charges back and detailing each charge. When sending my second letter (as it has no been more than 14 days) should I adjust the amount to reflect the charges that seem to have disappeared or should I ring the halifax first to get a better understanding of where these charges have gone?

More questions -

I have an cc with Egg which has no been passed onto credit solutions , I do have some charges on this account - should I contact both companys to request statement of charges ? I am not currently in a posistion to pay the entire balance, can they make me do this once they have refunded charges without using a payment plan ie suddenly having the pay the full balance?
I have the same problems with MBNA/GVI - my account with MBNA is still active but know I have a few hundred pounds worth of charges just concerned they will get mad and ask for the full balance. I am not concerned that they will never allow me to use the account again,even once cleared as obviously I never want to!

Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport