Same Supplier, Dual Fuel?

edited 29 March 2012 at 11:59PM in Energy
5 replies 1.1K views
walrrruswalrrrus Forumite
12 Posts
edited 29 March 2012 at 11:59PM in Energy
Hi

I'm looking at my partners gas & electric bills, trying to work out if she can get a cheaper deal. She currently has both gas & electric supplied through Southern Electric but on different tarrifs. She has gas on the 'Avios Energy Dual Fuel General Domestic' tarrif but electric on the 'General Domestic' tarrif (neither of which I can find on thier website).

My question is: If she is on 'Dual Fuel' for gas, why is the electric shown as 'General Domestic' on her bills? Surely they should both be the same, or is the 'Dual Fuel' one wrong?

Confused...:undecided

Replies

• Terrylw1Terrylw1 Forumite
    7K Posts
    Could it be a tariff linkage or marker problem so they set the gas correctly but not the elec?
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
  • edited 30 March 2012 at 7:23AM
    jalexajalexa Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    edited 30 March 2012 at 7:23AM
    walrrrus wrote: »
    My question is: If she is on 'Dual Fuel' for gas, why is the electric shown as 'General Domestic' on her bills? Surely they should both be the same, or is the 'Dual Fuel' one wrong?

You are right to be confused. I have seem this problem before with SSE brands. Seems they have a billing system where the tariff name can be free format rather than correctly picking up the name from a database?:(

Assuming you are on "Avios Energy Dual Fuel" (both fuels), probably 10% could be saved by a switch. Be aware that in return for "10%" other tariffs may feature one or more "gotchas".

Up to you what you do but as a minimum and for starters just contact Southern Electric and ask then to correct the issue. Make sure you have not been denied any dual-fuel discounts for the duration of the issue. Then if the issue is not corrected by the next bill raise a complaint.
  • edited 1 June 2012 at 3:01AM
    mojoarisingmojoarising Forumite
    2 Posts
    edited 1 June 2012 at 3:01AM
    I have been on southern electric for years for both gas and electric and dont think Ive ever been on a duel fuel discount, how do I find this out? new here and trying to get my head round bills which I cant afford coz unfortuanately im on benefits, the tarif for the electric says domestic standard and gas general saver. Any help please?
  • Terrylw1Terrylw1 Forumite
    7K Posts
    I have been on southern electric for years for both gas and electric and dont think Ive ever been on a duel fuel discount, how do I find this out? new here and trying to get my head round bills which I cant afford coz unfortuanately im on benefits, the tarif for the electric says domestic standard and gas general saver. Any help please?

Have a look at your suppliers website and check your tariffs for what benefits they should be offering.

It will say what the benefits should be and when they would be paid.

Then check through your bills to see if you ever received them.

If you haven't and should have, raise it to them. As long as your address is set up correctly for your game and elec accounts and your name is on both, you should be benefitting from dual fuel benefits.
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
  • thanks terry had a look at their website and cant find any mention of duel fuels?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides