Replacing Shower Pump

Hello

My hot water shower pump has stopped working, I had a plumber round who said it is an old model and as I have 2 pumps working together it would be better to replace one with the same model rather than attempting to fix it and search for parts for it. It is a Stuart turner pump.

He called Stuart turner, gave them the serial number and asked how much for a new one, they said it was £289+vat.

He said his fee for installing it would be £140. Is this a fair quote?

Thanks

Jay

Comments

• I assume from what you say you have two showers and a seperate pump to each. Stuart turner pumps are good but expensive, I see no problem in replacing the duff pump with a cheaper model .
    You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! I’ll tickle your catastrophe (Henry IV part 2)
  • Jaynorth_2
    Jaynorth_2 Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I assume from what you say you have two showers and a seperate pump to each. Stuart turner pumps are good but expensive, I see no problem in replacing the duff pump with a cheaper model .

No, the separate pump is just for the hot water because at the moment I can get cold water through the shower and the cold water taps in the bathroom which are also connected to the pump, but the hot water taps and yes the 2nd shower, which are directly connected to the 2nd pump do not have any pressure at all because it has stopped working.

The plumber said that because the 2 pumps appeared to be working together it would be better if I got the same type of pump as the first one (cold water pump) so that there was no conflict.
  • Jaynorth_2
    Jaynorth_2 Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Okay, I now have a new quote from a different plumber who seems to understand my setup a lot better....

His quote is roughly £300 to replace both pumps with a single pump and change the pipe connections to my cylinder so that it just serves this new single pump for both hot and cold water.

Is this quote fair?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport