BT UK call centre?

Options
brettcta
brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
do BT have any call centre staff in the UK?

i am having a problem with someone else's account details being sent to me and as polite as the overseas call centres are, i'm not getting anywhere with them because they can't seem to grasp that i'm not talking about my account (and have been giving me various details about this person's account despite me trying to stop them doing so and repeatedly telling them it's not my account and i don't wish to go into the account as it's against the data protection act (i've previously worked in a call centre for sky, so i'm well aware of what you can and can't know about someone else's account)

does anyone have a number i can ring to speak to someone in the UK?
helpful tips
it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
there - 'in or at that place'
their - 'owned by them'
they're - 'they are'
it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)

Comments

• April2
    April2 Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    You (and I) missed separate from our signature lists.
    Their - possessive pronoun (owned by them e.g. "They locked their car").
    They're - colloquial/abbreviated version of 'They are'
    There - noun (location other than here e.g. "You can buy groceries there") OR adverb (in or at that place e.g. "They have lived there for years") OR adverb (to or towards that place e.g. "Go there at noon") OR adverb (in that matter e.g. " I agree with you there").
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi brettcta

I have just seen your post and would like to look into this and get things sorted out for you, if you check out my profile section you will find my contact details.

Regards David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MattTheTall77
    Options
    Hi brettcta

I have just seen your post and would like to look into this and get things sorted out for you, if you check out my profile section you will find my contact details.

Regards David

Hi David,

Sorry to bump an old post but I can't see how to contact you about UK call centres, your link beta.bt.com/bta/forums isn't working for me >.<

Many thanks,

Matt
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sorry to bump an old post but I can't see how to contact you about UK call centres, your link beta.bt.com/bta/forums isn't working for me
    The Contact us part of their profile directs you to:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,228 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If you still get the bum's rush, send a real, paper letter [get free proof of posting from Post Office & keep copy of letter] to BT Data Controller

http://www.ico.gov.uk/ESDWebPages/DoSearch.asp?reg=5516243

If no response forward complaint to the Information Commissioner, with details of posting etc

You will be amazed how threat of a huge fine by a Government agency rapidly sorts out incorrect information

Although this may be relevant

"The Information Commissioner's Office has dropped an investigation into inadequate data protection by BT, prompting campaigners to say the privacy watchdog will not pursue large corporations due to legal expenses.
    "

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/security-threats/2011/02/02/ico-lets-bt-off-the-hook-over-data-handling-40091652/
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure