Overun with customers requesting 6 years bank statements

Options
I work for Natwest, today we have had loads of people asking for duplicate statements for the last 6 years. Martins programme is obviously having the desired effect. I totally agree.:T

Comments

• Gordon_the_Moron
    Options
    Well played, I work for Natwest too and I claimed back a couple of credit card charges whilst I worked for them... now that does take cheek!

Da Moron
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    While I agree that it is great that a lot more people are reclaiming, I can't help but feel that it will push waiting times for everyone up. Problem is that everyone says "stick to your time frame" but you are only giving the bank 3 weeks with the letters, then you are supposed to file a moneyclaim which a lot of people dread. Anyway, shouldn't this thread rather be over in "the Reclaim your Bank Charges" area?
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • auslaender
    Options
    Don't these banks ask for "reprinting fees" for statements of last six years ?
  • sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't these banks ask for "reprinting fees" for statements of last six years ?

Apply under the Data Protection Act for a statutory fee of £10.
  • Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some banks don't charge at all.
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some banks don't charge at all.

True. But best to send the fee anyway incase the bank in question does charge :)
  • virgin_moneysaver
    Options
    sgx.saint wrote:
    Apply under the Data Protection Act for a statutory fee of £10.
    if you're with natwest don't send the tenner but just request dup stats for the period you need as its only a fiver no matter how many you want
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure