Credit score ruined, can't open a new current account.

Options
My credit score has been ruined because of the mess LloydsTSB got me into with being repeatedly overdrawn and having them continually charging me. I would not have had this problem if the charges had have been at a "fair and reasonable" level. I would have soon been in significant credit and the problem would not have reoccurred.

I'm now in a position where I have written to LloydsTSB twice, and have received two rejection letters from them. My second letter advised that I would take them to court for the total amount of the charges (totalling over £2000).

Having followed all of the required procedure I felt the need to open a new current account elsewhere, as I know that LloydsTSB will end up closing my account with them if I take them to court. However, the situation that LloydsTSB put me in has means that nowhere else will accept me for a current account. I have dozens of rejection letters from every single high street and internet bank that I could find to apply to.

I feel as though I now can't go ahead with the court proceedings until I can open a new account. I feel like I''m in a catch-22 situation. I'm a student bound towards poverty and I want my £2000+ back.

LloydsTSB may well have ruined my life. If I can't get my money back then I won't be able to afford to finish my degree. God help me then if I try and get a job with no degree in London, with yet thousands of pounds of student debt added to that. If I scrape a job paying £15k I will have to start paying back my student loans, and I'm bound towards deeper poverty in London with that salary. I really need some help. What can I do?

Comments

• collie_27
    Options
    Just open a basic bank account, no credit check required in return for no chequebook, no interest, and no overdraft.

You will get all the direct debit, standing orders, online banking facilities and a visa electron debit card.
  • nel
    nel Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    try citibank that where we have gone and my credit rating is TERRIBLE and my hubyy is american and NO credit score at all over here

good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport