HSBC has no obligation to provide???

Options
Hi can any one help?

I sent away for the details of three loans I had with HSBC (all closed), using the template from this site (section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974). I received a reply stating....

"In normal circumstances, the request you have made under Section 77 of the consumer credit act 1977 are not valid and HSBC has no obligation to provide the documentation you seek. This is because the information relates to closed/repaid loans that are no longer in force"

It goes on to give a brief description about one of the loans and how they did take a form of PPI from a current account for 6 mounts @ 8.38% of my repayments. This is the only info. Nothing about any of the other two accounts. Just finished with visit the website for further info??????

Does this seem like a normal response??
Do they have the right not to provide me with the details?
What should I do next?

Sorry for the long winded post but appreciate your time and help. Thanks.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sent away for the details of three loans I had with HSBC (all closed), using the template from this site (section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974). I received a reply stating....

That is your problem. S77 only applies to debts outstanding. Not closed.
    Does this seem like a normal response??

yes. it is the normal and correct response.
    Do they have the right not to provide me with the details?
    yes they have the right
    What should I do next?

You dont need agreements to make a complaint. People only ask for agreements if they are fishing. So, make your complaint
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure