I got credit after DRO

Options
Hi all

There's a few post pop up now and again asking about mobile contract and how to rebuild credit ratings etc, so I thought I post how I've gotten on and hope that the information is of some use to someone.

My DRO finished in June '11 and I did all the cleaning up ASAP, you'll be surprised at what mistakes can be on there, one creditor had me down as being 86! instead of born in '86. Fools. Anyways I decided to wait for at lead 6 months before trying to look at way in which to start building up a credit files from the ashes that remained. In late Jan/early Feb I applied for a vanquish card and I was accepted and yesterday (23th March) I applied for a 3 Sim Only contract ( I didn't want to push my luck) and I'm very happy to say 3 accepted me too.

I had previously been of the - "I never want credit again" but you never know when in the future you my need it, so by doing this now hopefully if I even need credit (in the future) I will have built up a history to show that I am no longer a risk and that I am suitable.

Hope this helps someone...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport