Customer Compliance Officer Visit.

Options

Comments

• harry7075
    harry7075 Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    I'd imagine if you were in serious trouble you'd be instructed to attend the local DWP office and when there be given a caution then interviewed.
  • civvygit
    civvygit Posts: 14 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    epitome wrote: »
    When is your childs 7th birthday? That is what the second letter is about.

Later in the year.
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    Options
    Well I think if it's after August you will go onto JSA in August
    if it's before August you will go onto JSA on the 7th birthday.
    But it could be April :)
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Options
    harry7075 wrote: »
    I'd imagine if you were in serious trouble you'd be instructed to attend the local DWP office and when there be given a caution then interviewed.

Unfortunately what they are looking for wont be in the interview room, it will be in the house, hence the "visit" and trip to the loo. ;)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    vax2002 wrote: »
    Unfortunately what they are looking for wont be in the interview room, it will be in the house, hence the "visit" and trip to the loo. ;)
    when the compliance officer came to my house the only room she went in was my sitting room, as well as the neighbour complaining about me getting a new tv she also said I had a man living her (a later date) and that triggered another visit. The" man" was my daughters bf who would stop here a couple of nights a week, again the only room that the compliance officer entered was my sitting room.
  • gingergee
    gingergee Posts: 918 Forumite
    edited 24 March 2012 at 10:14PM
    Options
    Sorry if i mis-advised you xx advice since has been brill, try not to worry x let us know how you get on xxxx
    The feeling i got when i confirmed my place studying criminology at Exeter Uni was brilliant!!!!!

The pride my children told me they had in me was even better!!!!! # setting positive example to children is OUTSTANDING!!!! !:grouphug::grouphug::smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are visiting as they think you are co-habiting with someone else.
    Someone has called them to say that is the case.
    They need to specifically get in the property to look around for signs of co-habitaion.
    Shoes, combs, mens toiletries, clothes all that kind of thing, they will search credit reference agencies for accounts at that address and DVLA records for vehicles.
    This is not advice of what to avoid, but what to expect.
    That will take some serious explaining.
    Nonsense.

They have no right to look around.

It is perfectly acceptable to talk to them at your front door.

The visit, it could be something or nothing,. the letter requesting various documents, is getting people ready to have documents ready for the any query they may have.
  • real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing to be scary about ?
    If they find no evidence in your home of co-habitation you will be OK.
    A bit of thanks for tipping you what they will be doing would not go a miss as well.

What are you going to come up with next?

"Please thank me for tipping off criminals"?

You talk rubbish to scare people and then "tip them off" and ask for thanks.

Your "3 ties" is garbage.

They can't snoop all around the house - they have to use clear evidence.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

But the OP (naively) thinks you do. They need your "help" like a hole in the head.

OP really needs to look at the post about voluntary payments; the post from someone else who had a visit.

My money is on the cash, which appears to be a VP.The vehicle may be an issue though, which needs to be explained. :cool:
  • civvygit
    civvygit Posts: 14 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Well after little to no sleep I'm now unable to eat at all and keep heaving, I do suffer from anxiety and this has tipped me into an episode.

I can see a nice long evening of self harm and hatred stretching before me!

I'm refusing to let my partner into my home now in case he makes it smell like his aftershave.

What should I do about my eldest son who doesn't live here, he has a robe in my bathroom from when he baby sits on a Wednesday to allow me to go to the swimming?

I feel ill, totally ill.

I'm going to sign off for today as I'm holding the positive last few posts in and want them to be the norm rather than the thought I'm a bad person.

Thanks to all!
  • DreamerV
    DreamerV Posts: 823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    civvygit,

Just be honest, and try not to worry. They make hundreds or thousands of visits a year, and many of them will be fraud and many will be not. You have not intentionally done anything wrong. As long as you are being seen to comply (provide everything they ask, etc) it should be ok. Even if the outcome is that they need to adjust your benefit, they will do so in such a way you can still live on it. They rarely ask for more than payback if you've been paid too much, unless it's intentional, and even then they often just want money back over time. I don't think this forum has been very useful in this situation, as it has just created more worry for you because of a couple of the posts. Please try to stop worrying (I know easier said than done) as that certainly will not help. Maybe you can spend some time with friends until the day of the appointment or do something that relaxes you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure