Current Accounts with bad credit

Options
Help am new to this

I am looking to open a new bank account (just incase when I try to reclaim my bank charges they close my account).

I cant find a bank account because of a bad credit rating. I havent had any issues within the last year, but prior to that had major issues with credit and think my score was about 4 which i was told wasnt very good???

Can anyone help as if i try to claim my charges back i dont want to be left with no bank account.

I dont have an overdraft or anything and have a couple of direct debits.

thanks

Comments

• BONJOEY
    BONJOEY Posts: 819 Forumite
    Options
    hi just so people can help a little further, what is bad about your credit?

i,e ccjs defaults, late payments etc?

any of those and how long ago.
  • electriclady
    Options
    pigletmac wrote:
    Help am new to this

I am looking to open a new bank account (just incase when I try to reclaim my bank charges they close my account).

I cant find a bank account because of a bad credit rating. I havent had any issues within the last year, but prior to that had major issues with credit and think my score was about 4 which i was told wasnt very good???

Can anyone help as if i try to claim my charges back i dont want to be left with no bank account.

I dont have an overdraft or anything and have a couple of direct debits.

thanks

I have just opened a yorkshire bank readycash account, they don't credit score and you get a maestro card with it, also halifax do a visa electron and i don't think they credit score either
  • pigletmac
    Options
    BONJOEY wrote:
    hi just so people can help a little further, what is bad about your credit?

i,e ccjs defaults, late payments etc?

any of those and how long ago.

thanks for your reply

got into a rut about 3-4 years ago with 2 store cards and car loan. ended up paying it off but after long late payments etc. No CCJs or defaults. Have been in credit and no debt for the last year now.
  • pigletmac
    Options
    I have just opened a yorkshire bank readycash account, they don't credit score and you get a maestro card with it, also halifax do a visa electron and i don't think they credit score either

Hi
    Thanks for your reply.
    Im unsure about the Yorkshire bank as I am located in the very north of scotland and if there was a problem I dont think i am anywhere near a local branch.

I have just tried halifax online and no joy unfortunately.
  • electriclady
    Options
    pigletmac wrote:
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply.
    Im unsure about the Yorkshire bank as I am located in the very north of scotland and if there was a problem I dont think i am anywhere near a local branch.

Did you try the halifax easycash account???

I have 6 outstanding defaults and a outstanding ccj and i got the halifax easycash account, i think everyone gets accepted for this..............

go to https://www.halifax.co.uk and click on the easycash account.

You should deffinitly get accepted
  • dazed
    dazed Posts: 881 Forumite
    Options
    pigletmac wrote:
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply.

Clydesdale bank is the same as yorkshire bank so there hopefully will be one close to you.

I have a Yorky account and its brilliant, service is top notch never had a problem. :)
    Man who stands on toilet is high on pot. - Old chinese proverb.
  • regularsaver1
    Options
    Yeah you need the basic account rather than full current account
  • Moonbeam
    Options
    pigletmac wrote:
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply.

You should have a bank of scotland near you - if you pop into the branch you can pick up an application pack for the easycash - you apply for it via the post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure