What do you make of this??

Options
Hi all

I am currently trying to claim PPI from natwest bank for 8 loans, today i got a letter back saying i had been rejected etc. I was unsure if this was covering all 8 loans or just 1. So i rang them and was told that it only covered one and that i would be getting 8 separate letters.

She then went on to tell me that a decision had been reached with all 8 loans and that "offers" had been sent out in the post and i should get them soon. I asked what the decisions were and she said she could not tell me over the phone.

Am i looking to much into the word "offers" because that suggests to me that i may have won?

But on the other hand is the reason she said she cant tell me over the phone the decisions because i had lost them all and she didnt want grief??

the reason i have not won the first one is they said they find no evidence to support i had been miss sold and i had cancelled the ppi in a cooling off period (this is not true i have NEVER cancelled any PPI)

Any thoughts would be appreciated

chris

Comments

• misschicken
    misschicken Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    Wait and see what turns up with the others, chase them if the letters haven't turned up over the next few days, seeing as she said they'd be sent out in the post already. What were the reason for the mis-sales just out of interest?
  • chrisnewton
    Options
    1. Through all the meetings it was put across that we would not be guranteed the loans without PPi
    2. Exemptions to the ppi was NEVER explained and NO health questions were aksed, NO employment questions were asked, as a result of which the agent didn’t actually consider if i / we needed ppi as it was not fully explained.
    3. We were not told we could apply for insurance else where, this was never given as an option.
    4.I am of the opinion that the PPI was a single premium upfront payment and I have had to pay interest on this for the duration of the loan, this type of PPI is frowned upon by the FOS
  • misschicken
    misschicken Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    And I presume the one they've rejected had the same reasons? Wait and see, hopefully the information you got on the phone was actually correct about the offers. If it was I'd then go back after them for the one they've rejected. However if the PPI was cancelled (maybe actually by them for some reason rather than by you) during the cooling off period then there might not be much to claim back there. And you'll be wanting them to supply evidence of the cancellation to prove it really was cancelled. Fingers crossed for your seven letters!
  • chrisnewton
    Options
    yes they all had the same reasons, i just keep focussing on the wording " offers"

Im not counting on 7 upheld complaints but would be nice :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure