Making a ppi complaint.

Options
Hi folks, looking for some information. I've had a 2 credit cards with Virgin and Lloyds tsb, called virgin for information but they said i have to write into them to obtain details, but as for TSB they are telling me they cant find the Credit card and PPI cover in question. Would details on my credit file be enough? To put in compaints, or is there any other way to get the details i'am after, these 2 credit cards will be 6 years old this year. I also had a car loan got this through a large car dealer i also got PPI with this loan. Loan was with Santander almost 6years ago, cant really mind who we got the PPI from, dealer arranged this, but having looked at my credit file it states i had a car loan for £9000+ but remember the car cost under £6500, where do i stand with this complaint.
Thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Loan was with Santander almost 6years ago, cant really mind who we got the PPI from, dealer arranged this, but having looked at my credit file it states i had a car loan for £9000+ but remember the car cost under £6500, where do i stand with this complaint.

The £9000 figure would be due to the addition of interest. Quite normal.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • onlyliveonce
    onlyliveonce Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 March 2012 at 10:24AM
    Options
    Thanks for your reply checked it out, its not. Loan start balance was £9952, and was paying this back at £193 over 60 months. I'am guessing with the PPI payments being part of the £193 i was paying per month it could have been through santander i got the PPI.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for your reply checked it out, its not. Loan start balance was £9952, and was paying this back at £193 over 60 months. I'am guessing with the PPI payments being part of the £193 i was paying per month it could have been through santander i got the PPI.

The lender has no liability. The car dealer sold it (if they sold it). You complain to them not the lender.

Car loans of that period used to front load the interest payable over the whole term. The monthly repayment does suggest a PPI premium may have been in there as there is a £1628 difference.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • onlyliveonce
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Are there any template letters available for sending a complaint to a Motor dealer. As for the 2 credit cards how do i go about getting my account numbers for these. I have all the details written down from my credit file, saying when i had them how long for and limits i had.

Thanks
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,008 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Are there any template letters available for sending a complaint to a Motor dealer. As for the 2 credit cards how do i go about getting my account numbers for these. I have all the details written down from my credit file, saying when i had them how long for and limits i had.

Thanks
    You use the FOS questionnaire
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    Make a copy in case you have to send this to FOS.

There should be 4 digits on the report next to the accounts, they are the last 4 digits of the account number, contact the bank and ask if they can find you from these along with the info you have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure