We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lloyds credit card charge

Options
hi simple question but i cant seem to find it on their web site etc,
When does the £35.00 per year charge start? i am a existing card holder
just so i know when to say goodbye
thanks in anticipation
dean.m
If i dont do it someone else will!

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's been discussed several times on this forum over the last couple of weeks or so (a quick search should find some information).

If you google for "lloyds tsb £35 annual charge", there are several results returned. This one is from The Guardian...
    Lloyds TSB is to introduce a £35 annual fee for credit-card customers who do not use their cards, it has emerged.

The bank, which this morning announced record results of £3.7bn, said the £35 fee was aimed at the 1% of credit-card customers who did not spend money on their cards and was designed to get them "back into the habit" of using them.

To encourage them to start spending, it said it would offer 0% interest on purchases for three months from March.

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2020041,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=24
  • Welliesorter
    Options
    It's been discussed several times on this forum over the last couple of weeks or so (a quick search should find some information).
    True. But has anyone been able to answer the question of what triggers the annual charge and what level of usage would be needed to prevent it? That Guardian article states "A spokeswoman refused to outline the criteria for the charge, but said it affected cards across the bank's range."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport