Partial settlements

Options
Having read through some posts on this site and also the founders coments on Tv (Friday) I feel that the issue of partial settlements needs to be discussed in full.

Therefore I suggest that accepting a partial settlement is the wrong thing to do. You should ask for in fact demand all your money back that the bank have unlawfully taken from you.

Always remember that we are in the right here, do you think that if the banks were right in taking your money they would give you a penny back?

So my advice is to reclaim all your money.
the way forward is the consumer action group .co.uk

Comments

• feedering
    Options
    Its all quiet
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I would have been happy to settle for a partial settlement pre court, but now I'm in the court system I'm going all the way, not long to go now.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • feedering
    Options
    tiff wrote:
    I would have been happy to settle for a partial settlement pre court, but now I'm in the court system I'm going all the way, not long to go now.

Thats the spirit!! I still dont understand why Martin advises people to settle for less.
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I'm sure there's a reason for that, and its probably not for me to advise everyone here to go all the way as I dont have enough knowledge of the system and the consequences. I have read loads about it all and for me feel its the best thing.

Their letter to me said the £750 was because IF I took it further it would cost them more. I was already taking it further, so it WILL cost them more.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • zerodegrees
    Options
    i personally despise the banks (and all major fat cat corporations) for the way they manipulate people and the system in order to gain maximum profit regardless of anything or anybody

BUT

I would accept a partial, satisfactory(!), settlement, as there IS/WAS a cost involved, though clearly nowhere near the £20-30 mark.

To be fair though, they should be punished for what is basically stealing, and I guess reasonable punishment would be to claim back the full ammount....

hmmm....

I may have just changed my mind about partial settlement!! haha

I suppose as long as I get back what is rightfully mine, then I will be happy

Ben
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Quite right tiff, its not for anyone on here to advise if someone should accept an offer or go ahead to court, everyone's circumstances are different.

Users should read Martin's article and all the relevant threads and make up their own mind as their own claim progresses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure