Windsor Castle and Legoland

Options
Any tips ??? What to see or miss ?

Got tickets for legoland (tesco vouchers) but need some discount for Windsor Castle - Any ideas ??

Any advice taking a 6 yr and 3 yr old.
I work for TUI Group of Companies. My companies ATOL/ABTA numbers are 2524 / D5299. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it but Atol numbers can be checked on the Civil Aviation Authority website. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.

Comments

• minimacka
    Options
    When we went to London during Christmas I got for 2 for 1 deals by putting into a search engine 2 for 1 london there was quite a few things on there but you have to of travelled by train, there was madame tussords, science museum and lots of others. There was even restaurants as well.
    x
  • GirlRacer_2
    Options
    If your taking a 3 year old I would imagine your taking a pushchair. Fill it up with snacks especially drinks. The drinks are available from vending machines and work out very very expensive approx £1.20 per can of pop. Hot Dogs were about £3.50. Also if it's a nice day (I mean quite warm) take swimming costumes for the children and towels. In Legoland there's a water fun park.

p.s In Legoland make a note of which car park you park your car. We didn't and spent about 45 mins trying to find our car to get home :)
  • lily_the_pink
    Options
    Check the times for changing of the guards (it varies and might not be every day). TBH this is the only thing apart from the swords that a 3yr old and 6yr old would be overly interested in. You can see part of the ceremony outside the castle for free. If you travel by train to windsor you can get 2 for 1 entrance to the castle (you will need the appropriate leaflet). Under 5s are free.

South West Trains 2 for 1

Windsor Castle

There is a good waterworld type public swimming pool as an alternative to spending all day trapsing round looking at old furniture and paintings (I took a couple of mates round who were visiting from abroad but my DS got bored after about 45 minutes of castle excitement - and proceeded to try and escape off down cordoned off corridors or swinging on the cordons. There are family trails for older kids so this might make it more fun). He did enjoy the changing of the guards though. There is also WIndor Great Park if weather is OK (this is free) or a bit further down the A30 Virginia Water Great Lake (parking free on road side).
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The food quality and queues not so good at Legoland. Take your own.

Take a swimming costume and Towl for the 6 yr old if it is warm enough as there is an outside splash park.

Dolls house in Windsor castle, otherwise reasonably dull for Kids.
  • lizzie_dripping
    Options
    When you get into Legoland - don't stop to look at Miniland! Keep going and head for the areas at the back of the park and work your way forward.

Miniland is great (it's the area with all the world landmarks made of lego, but do it at the end of the day as you are heading out.

Agree with everyone else, take your own drinks and snacks.
  • Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As above and get to Legoland early for any decent rides without too much queuing
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • whambamboo
    whambamboo Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Options
    When you get into Legoland - don't stop to look at Miniland! Keep going and head for the areas at the back of the park and work your way forward.

Miniland is great (it's the area with all the world landmarks made of lego, but do it at the end of the day as you are heading out.

Agree with everyone else, take your own drinks and snacks.

Miniland is turned off (the models are still there, but the trains stop moving, etc.) at closing time. Bit of a shame not to see it working, as Legoland doesn't really kick out for about 1/2 an hour after closing time.
    My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day's work for an honest day's pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police - Margaret Thatcher.
  • lizzie_dripping
    Options
    whambamboo wrote:
    Miniland is turned off (the models are still there, but the trains stop moving, etc.) at closing time. Bit of a shame not to see it working, as Legoland doesn't really kick out for about 1/2 an hour after closing time.

I didn't realise that - I think we have always left Legoland before it closed so as not to get stuck in traffic, so have always seen it working.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure