We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

HSBC card query + general credit/loan query

Options
I have a loan for £2100, I have another loan for £1700. Both due very soon.

I just rang to pay one by credit card but they said they don't take credit card payments. I'm guessing the other loan is the same but will find out Monday. Whoops!

I have a HSBC credit card with 0% on BT's until April 08 with a £6000 limit. Anyone know if they do BT's straight into current accounts? I was planning to get these loans onto a credit card but that seems to be proving to be difficult!

Anyone know how credit card cheques work as I know I can pay these loans off by cheque too.
--
Peter Stones

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Unless they state otherwise credit card cheques will be considered as cash advances and charged as so (possibly as high as 30%)
  • CHIHUAHUA
    Options
    The best thing to do would be to apply for an Egg Money card then balance transfer the £3800 fom Hsbc to EggMoney which allows you to have a positive balnce. Then simply move the £3800 to your bank account and pay off the loans - you would then have 13 months to pay off HSBC at the 0% rate :D
  • pstones578
    Options
    I had a virgin card that I used to get the money into my account and then I'm going to transfer the Virgin to the HSBC to get the 0% goodness. Did pay a couple of fee's but I'm happy with how it's all worked out.
    --
    Peter Stones
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills