eBay Buying Tricks discussion

Options
124»

Comments

• aussiemike
    Options
    Hello

I've been using nobids.net to find last minute items with no bids. I prefer that site over others as it works on my mobile as well as desktop computer.

May be a good one to add to the eBay Buying Tips page?

Oh, and that site links to a misspelled items tool as well.

And yes I do realise this is a an old thread too :)

Hope this is helpful. If there is somewhere else I should have posted this I could not find it.

Regards
    Mike
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2012 already :)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• I use an iPhone app called Bargain Hunter. Its free and has pre-defined searches for finding bargains, plus the option to create and save your own searches. Its helped me to find a number of items which no-one else had bid on, and I like the ability to create and save a custom search, which I can then repeat whenever I like.
  • cherry.c
    cherry.c Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 May 2015 at 11:45AM
    Options
    I've been offered goods several times after I've lost an auction, presumably because the buyer either didn't choose to complete the deal or pulled out for some reason.
    If you've been watching an item which has not sold you can often get a "Buy-it-Now" price from the seller - I simply contact them through the link on the original listing, say I've been watching the item and either make them an offer or ask if they are interested in selling as Buy It Now. It isn't unusual for them to cooperate at this stage, particularly if the item has been re-listed several times (either at auction or as Buy Now).
    Another thing you can do is contact a seller and ask if they would take a lower price for a bundle of several of their items - not only do you save on postage but it is less trouble to sell to one buyer than pack and send several parcels. This is particularly true if there is a listing with more than one item for sale, or if say six plates from a set have been listed as separate lots.
    My best buy was a new and expensive coffee machine, retailing at £900 or so and bought on Ebay for £600 because the seller had spelt the model name wrong - so do remember to look through the listings that come up after your direct search results.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If you're a real deal hunter then use sniping programs that place bids at the last second (always using the highest you're willing to pay on the first bid). I use myibidder for auctions. Also, don't forget about the golden nuggets that most people don't even get a chance to see! ...newly listed buy it now items that are under priced. Their usually bought within the first seconds to minutes and is where the real deals are at. Requires user to be at PC but is software out there for such buying ... I use a program called spamspamspam for this.

Me = buy about 150,000 USD on ebay amonth and resell the items to China for last 5 years.
    £6 million spent on Ebay in 5 years? And reselling to China. Do you have strange hair and running for US president too?;)
  • davemoniz
    Options
    Instead of using the built-in Saved Searches from eBay that only send an email once per day,
    you can get Free Automated eBay Search Email and Text Message Alerts at

AutomatedSearches.com

It sends an alert when something new matches your search.

Dave
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    davemoniz wrote: »
    Instead of using the built-in Saved Searches from eBay that only send an email once per day,
    you can get Free Automated eBay Search Email and Text Message Alerts at

AutomatedSearches.com

It sends an alert when something new matches your search.

Dave

Great post. An old thread and spam. Double whammy Dave.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure