🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help interpreting credit report

Options
Last weekend I sent off for the £2 by post credit reports from all three companies, and this morning the first one came back (from equifax) but what does it mean? (or more importantly, is it good or bad?).

My current account, credit card and phone all have lines of 000000s in the monthly status which means "paid on time", which is what I expected. Then there is the electoral roll line with the dates 2000-2007, my date of birth, and "no" under "edited register" and a blank under "rolling register", and its under my parents address (which is what I expected, as that is where I'm registered), and thats it. Nothing appears to be incorrect or missing as far as I can tell.

Is this good? I was thinking of applying for one of the cashback credit cards in the recent article, but I don't want to bother if I'm just going to get refused. Also, if I apply should I put my address as where I'm living now (rented, will be moving out soon), or my parent's address (where I'm registered to vote, and where my current CC and phone contract think I live)? Or will it not make a difference?

TIA for any help/advice.

Rob.

Comments

• aj3001
    aj3001 Posts: 730 Forumite
    Options
    Your parents house, if your not on the electrol registar at the address you say you live at, you will be refused.

However, someone else maybe able to confirm this but to get it to go somewhere else and lie on the form could be classed as fraud
  • James
    James Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Electoral Register:

"Opted Out" means that you have requested that your details are removed from the Editied Electoral Roll. This means that your details are only used for credit related and money laundering purposes. Your details wont be available for marketing or non-credit related purposes.

You MUST tick the box on the Electoral Registration form to "Opt out".

NO in your case means that you've NOT opted out, ie your details are availabe for marketing and non-credit related purposes.
  • RobH_5
    Options
    Looks like I'll have to wait till I move and then get put on the electoral roll there.

I also just realised that my student load wasn't on there! Is that normal?
  • Tori_Bellatrix
    Options
    RobH wrote:
    Looks like I'll have to wait till I move and then get put on the electoral roll there.

I also just realised that my student load wasn't on there! Is that normal?

Yes, as far as I know, student loans don't appear on the CRA reports as they don't have consent ...
    :happylove Tori Bellatrix :happylove

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
  • techno_geek
    Options
    Does being on the electoral roll have any implications RE: council tax?

I'm at university, and want to register on the electoral roll for credit purposes. My parents live abroad, and all my post (incl. bank statements, CCs etc) is sent to my grandmother's address.

She lives alone, and AFAIK gets the single persons discount (am I right??). If I were to register on the electoral roll, would this affect her entitlement to this even though I don't really live there?
  • jamalfatty
    Options
    Does being on the electoral roll have any implications RE: council tax?

I'm at university, and want to register on the electoral roll for credit purposes. My parents live abroad, and all my post (incl. bank statements, CCs etc) is sent to my grandmother's address.

She lives alone, and AFAIK gets the single persons discount (am I right??). If I were to register on the electoral roll, would this affect her entitlement to this even though I don't really live there?

No because you are a student so exempt from council tax anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family