Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• Sterlingtimes
    Options
    I had to check this:

Roofs is the plural of roof in all varieties of English. Rooves is an old secondary form, and it still appears occasionally by analogy with other irregular plurals such as hooves, but it is not common enough to be considered standard.

I would have said rooves. Anyway, I have been looking at roofs for decades founded upon an interest in radio and radio aerials.

I have developed a new interest in roofs and I have been looking at shading as I drive around Coventry. I do wonder whether at this time of year, solar roofs that are facing west of south perform better than roofs that are east of south. My PVGIS percentage to date at 54% is considerably below that which others are reporting. There does seem to be a pattern where easters are performing better than westers.

Any thoughts?
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options

Any thoughts?

ROOVES!

I was taught 1 roof, 2 rooves.

It's more dumbing down of the English language for the hoardes of bloody immigrants that can't speak the language properly. Like what I do.
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    Looking like a wet & gloomy wash out here today. Give me the spoon and it will float away.

groovyf is going to need all the spoons he can get to construct that liferaft!:(

Mind you, I don't think it's much better in Lincolnshire.
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • groovyf
    groovyf Posts: 286 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You're right there! Rain, rain and more rain. I'm sure the panels need a clean anyway :D
    4kWp system (Feb 2014) : 1.5 SW, 2.5 NE (16x Bisol BMO/250, Aurora Power-One UNO PVI-3.6 Inverter : pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=29935
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Options
    Roofs is the plural of roof in all varieties of English. Rooves is an old secondary form, and it still appears occasionally by analogy with other irregular plurals such as hooves, but it is not common enough to be considered standard.

I would have said rooves.
    I agree with Andy-WSM (& Sterling). And 'hooves' is only an 'irregular plural' when it's compared with 'common plurals'

I've no wish to be considered 'common' nor indeed do I want to speak like 'common people' :D

We have actually had this discussion on this board before and it's been noticeable that some of the 'common' speakers have raised their game since then.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 February 2015 at 5:33PM
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    Currently at 86% of PVGIS.

I now need 1.75 O's per day to the end of the month.
    Marvellous ... it's 2.34kWh/kWp per day here just to not be the worst February from our system ... another way of looking at it is that 68% through the month we've generated 36% of the total for February last year ...

You always get a bad month or two so perhaps this summer will compensate ... ;)

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • Andy_WSM
    Options
    Oh dear, just 0.38 O's (1.47 kWh) here.
  • 1961Nick
    Options
    Oh dear, just 0.38 O's (1.47 kWh) here.

I also managed 0.38 O's (1.49kWh).

I trust those extra 20kW save me from a spooning?:rotfl:
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • Andy_WSM
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    I also managed 0.38 O's (1.49kWh).

But your signature says your system is 4kW.p :T

1.49/4=0.3725, which would round down to 0.37

#justsaying
    #takethespoon
  • 1961Nick
    Options
    But your signature says your system is 4kW.p :T

1.49/4=0.3725, which would round down to 0.37

#justsaying
    #takethespoon

The final 10w have just updated so I can claim 0.38 O's (1.50kWh):p.....unless you insist on 0.375.:(

(What are the rules on rounding?)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback