🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The halo must have slipped, only 1.6 O's today! :)

Apparently the sun returns to Cardiff tomorrow. Been generating about 2kWh's per day for a week here. :(
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1.375 O's here today...4 days to go:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Coastalwatch
    Options
    Down again 1.33 O's today but surpassed the half way stage for the month.
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • Oscargrouch
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »
    1.375 O's here today...4 days to go:D
    1.88 O's for me today, with 12 days to go..:)..:cool:..coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Martyn1981
    Options
    Well the weather folk told the truth and the sun has finally returned to grey Cardiff. So far today generation has matched yesterday already.

Need a few bonus O's now to get the month end prediction back up from 91%.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,892 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 November 2018 at 12:06PM
    Options
    Friday, [STRIKE]Good morning but poor afternoon[/STRIKE]. The sun shone till around 11:00 based on the reading of my data. The effect of the sun or luck of it reduced my production from this point. Not sure why as I was driving south down the A1/A14. From around 13:00 I think it may well have rained as production fell even further.

1.75 O's

Cannot post Saturday production as I don't know what it is yet. Well I could find out but that means I need to go into the garage and its raining. Need to go outside and then into garage as no connecting door from house to garage. ;)

Will post when I know. As soon as its stops raining or my WIFI thingy works again. :D
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Martyn1981
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    Friday, Good morning but poor afternoon.

1.75 O's

Stop it, I'm getting confused, first we had damp 'squids' and now I'm missing a day ...... need more sleep or coffee!

• I signed to switch to these but they were messing me about that much I cancelled before the switch they said they had cancelled everything but took a direct debit payment out of the bank, I have contacted them five times now with no joy its been a month, there customer service is a joke BEWARE of this rip off company!
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I signed to switch to these but they were messing me about that much I cancelled before the switch they said they had cancelled everything but took a direct debit payment out of the bank, I have contacted them five times now with no joy its been a month, there customer service is a joke BEWARE of this rip off company!
    No need to keep trying to contact them ! Just contact your bank and ask for a refund under the terms of "The Direct Debit Guarantee". They'll probably try and fob you off with advice to contact the company but stick to your guns and insist they implement the guarantee.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,892 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My WIFI thingy is now working.

From my graph I have I believe it was sunny in the morning but not as sunny in the afternoon. I cannot confirm this as I was in Bury St Edmunds. Never been there before, don't think I will go back again as too many drivers who are very impatient!

2.79 O's
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family