Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Only the 1 O's today...coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Only the 1 O's today...coffee.gif

Poor for me too!;)

Only 1.59 O's :D
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »
    Bitterly cold and windy day here on the E coast...with a little bit of Sun = 1.185 O's:D
    Best day of the month so far:j

Same here again today.....minus the Sunshine:eek: = 0.4 O's:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 December 2017 at 12:05AM
    Options
    shavy65 wrote: »
    Circa. 10 kWh`s yesterday and today and u reckon that`s poor.....I`ve barely scraped up the crumbs of an O over the last couple of days :eek:
    ... Crumbs of an 'O' ... Luxury, our system would have a nosebleed if the total was that high! .... :D

Generation here today was the same as that yesterday (zero!) .... garden still looks nice though ... :cool: ... weatherman said earlier 'look out, masses of snow and miserable conditions tomorrow, causing wide-scale disruption & chaos' - a whole 4" and we're expected to believe that disruption of biblical proportions will avail ! ... 6" on our drive yesterday and it's still there now, but life around here changed very little last night or today! .. anyway, it probably means a 3rd successive day of a flat-lined generation curve ..

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    0.7 O's yesterday, which is OK actually. No snow settling here but lots further inland on higher ground. I suspect heating might be on all day today, brrrr.

Just have to wait out the next month till gen improves a bit.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    My first ever no generation morning. We are deep in snow at the Centre of England. Haven't seen anything like this for many years.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Markj1110
    Options
    8th December - 1.06 O's.
    9th December - 0.43 O's.
    Today the snow came, 3 hours later it had melted! - so generation could begin!
    3.96 kWp System, SSE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 330W BenQ Panels, Solar Edge Inverter, Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Installed 26th May 2015.
  • chamelion
    Options
    Lovely few inches of snow here! Don't expect to be generating anytime soon. Was targeting 110% pvgis after a few great days but I see that quickly disappearing!
    5.41 kWp System, E-W. Installed Nov 2017
    Lux + 3 x US2000B + 2 x US3000C battery storage. Installed Mar 2020.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh no! :eek:

My worst day of the month! :mad:

0.154 O's :(

Hope we have some Sun the morrow!

Seriously DW has had the Dishwasher on, 3 lots of washing, 3 lots of tumble drying! and all the ironing now its dark the oven is on for 2 hours! Does she think electricity grows on trees!

Whats made it worse is that I have lit the 2nd wick on the candle as its got a bit colder! When it gets to minus 10 I will lite the 3rd wick! We will be roasting then! LOL :D
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    0.125 O's here today....missed the snow though:T
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure