🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,100 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    2.85 O's yesterday. Got to 101% of April target (was at 116% at one point during the month)
    Last April was 94%
    Half way through the month and at 98%, and ahead of the same point last year.

Interesting, we are Herts and WSW facing but we have got 105% and 110% last two years compared to your 94% and 101% - I wonder if we have something wrong with our PVGIS calc....
    I think....
  • defaultdriver
    defaultdriver Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Interesting, we are Herts and WSW facing but we have got 105% and 110% last two years compared to your 94% and 101% - I wonder if we have something wrong with our PVGIS calc....
    I have some shading during the morning due to a chimney, it's normally around 11.30 before the panels are shade free. That could explain the difference.
    I compared my generation to other posters last year during days in which we had sunshine all day and roughly calculated that I am probably losing 40 to 50 O's over the year.
    3.99KW SunEdison (14 * 285W), Solis inverter, iBoost, Herts, roughly SW facing
  • old_grouser
    old_grouser Posts: 176 Forumite
    edited 1 May 2017 at 9:04PM
    Options
    I have some shading during the morning due to a chimney, it's normally around 11.30 before the panels are shade free. That could explain the difference.
    I compared my generation to other posters last year during days in which we had sunshine all day and roughly calculated that I am probably losing 40 to 50 O's over the year.

I also have a chimney (actually a gable) problem, though only in the early morning in June-August, when the sun rises considerably north of east. Because I have a Sunny Boy inverter, I've tried out SMA's Optitrac Global Peak software, and it really does work - though I've no idea how. I don't know if any other manufacturer supports anything similar, for I imagine Optitrac is system specific. If you run it all the time there is a slight degradation in overall output - the manufacturers quote 1%. I run it in the mid-summer months (when I remember to turn it on).and it gives me about 40% more generation before 9am (only when the sun is shining, of course, but there isn't a shading problem when the sun isn't out).

3 Os today, but I'm glad to say it's turned into a wet bank holiday. We need the rain.
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • countryman_2
    countryman_2 Posts: 421 Forumite
    Options
    .. 3.8 o's today
    4kw PV fitted 4th July 2014 (Green Energy NW £5600). WSW facing, 30 deg Pitch, Unshaded, Samil Solar River inverter, 16 Solar World Mono panels, Iboost on Immersion Heater. located in mid Lincolnshire.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hawaii + today... Made 5.75 O's:T 1st one this year:beer:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • ajbell
    ajbell Posts: 1,151 Forumite
    Options
    3.2 Os today.
    4kWp, South facing, 16 x phono solar panels, Solis inverter, Lincolnshire.
  • rugbyleaguesmate
    Options
    3.71 os not a lot doing after 1.30pm
    6.72kw Pv Ja Solar 280w * 24 panels, Solar Edge inverter, South facing no shading.
    South Lake District, delightful view of Morecambe Bay. Not Saving up for a battery too expensive:j:mad::hello:

July Solar target 769kw
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,892 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Very poor till midday then improved.

4.59 O's
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Strange month, with the first half producing more than the second half.
    Finished on only 1.56 O's for yesterday.
    Okay, rub it right in why don't you....:(..:mad:..:rotfl:
    legoman62 wrote: »
    Hawaii + today... Made 5.75 O's:T 1st one this year:beer:
    Well done you..:beer::beer: I had my best day this month so far.. 3.44 O's..:j..coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Markj1110
    Markj1110 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    4.17 O's yesterday.
    3.96 kWp System, SSE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 330W BenQ Panels, Solar Edge Inverter, Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Installed 26th May 2015.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure