Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not too bad here....3.68 O's..coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Goodish day. :cool:

5.9 on the scoreboard. :j

Hoping for better but still ahead of the curve. :D
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow! some of the posts today:eek:living in the wrong part of the country:D
    Made 2.6 O's today:) also past 18Mwh today since install:T

Edit: Best day since Oct 10th last year:cool:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Markj1110
    Markj1110 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    2.90 O's today. Best day since 4th October 2016! :)
    3.96 kWp System, SSE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 330W BenQ Panels, Solar Edge Inverter, Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Installed 26th May 2015.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    Best day here since 18th October 2016!

Only 1.87 O's but nearly meeting PVGIS daily estimate for March. Not bad for the second day in.
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1.8 O`s yesterday.

Year 3 came to an end for me last week: -
    Year 1 - 3650
    Year 2 - 3899
    Year 3 - 3667 (Import - 3132)

Payback by FiT alone looks like 9.3 years. I`d estimate, taking into account utility supply savings, it would be more like <6 years.

May year 4 be the best yet for all :beer:
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hoping for a bit of advice.
    My SOLiC 200 (immersion diverter) has packed up, after 3 years. As it is under warranty I contacted the supplier who have got back to me very quickly indeed. They have given me two options :-

1. Uninstall the unit (at my cost) and send it back to them for repair, which will take 3 weeks, then re-install the unit (at my cost)
    OR
    2. Upgrade to the newest model for £144 which they will send out but again I will have to arrange removal of old unit and install of new one (again, at my cost).

I have replied saying this is not acceptable as either way I lose out.
    I`d like to avoid going back to my installer if at all possible, the supplier of the SOLiC has agreed it is under warranty after all.

Any thoughts?
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 March 2017 at 7:21PM
    Options
    Poor day with clouds and rain.

Not even worthy of a 1 :mad:
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    shavy65 wrote: »
    Hoping for a bit of advice.
    My SOLiC 200 (immersion diverter) has packed up, after 3 years. As it is under warranty I contacted the supplier who have got back to me very quickly indeed. They have given me two options :-

1. Uninstall the unit (at my cost) and send it back to them for repair, which will take 3 weeks, then re-install the unit (at my cost)
    OR
    2. Upgrade to the newest model for £144 which they will send out but again I will have to arrange removal of old unit and install of new one (again, at my cost).
    I have replied saying this is not acceptable as either way I lose out.
    I`d like to avoid going back to my installer if at all possible, the supplier of the SOLiC has agreed it is under warranty after all.
    Any thoughts?
    My understanding of 'Consumer Law/Rights' is that if an item is sold by; in your case, a/an Installer, then they have an obligation to put things right. So my advice would be:- Get in touch again with your installer, ask them to arrange removal of the old (broken) unit, and install a replacement. At no cost to you as it is under warranty. The warranty stays with the installer, not the manufacturer. Back to the office:-
    Poor day today 0.32 O's; summer didn't last long..:rotfl::)..coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,558 Forumite
    Options
    Sunless....but not rainless:mad: day here today = 0.525 O's:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback