Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 September 2012 at 1:57PM
    Options
    After 5.6kWh yesterday managed 12.55kWh today:)
    Had to use boiler for hot water Tues:(
    311kWh for Sept so, past PVGIS for month.
    Need another 15kWh to hit PVGIS for the year leaving me with a nice 6 weeks to go bonus:rotfl:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • legoman62 wrote: »
    Had to use boiler for hot water Tues:(

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 September 2012 at 12:03PM
    Options
    Hi

bit upset today.... since Sunday there has not been much generation and my house hold used 10 units on meter.... so in last few days it didn't generate enough to keep the reading below 10 units.. ... shame... oh well...
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2012 at 2:31PM
    Options
    Hi John,

Slight delay in getting back to you; I would not believe any numbers the Aurora gives me. It is more 'economical with the truth' than a 'politician' is. Power One are supposed to be updating their inverters via sending their own engineers out as soon as they can figure out what is wrong with the firmware in them. They know they are incorrect and sometimes miss days completely - showing no gen. for the odd day here and there. The inverter records an average of 242 volts. Although the inverter is set for the correct date; the monitor gives it as being one day ahead, i.e. today registers as Tue 24th. (This was caused with Feb this year having 29 days.) Hence, to me, the whole Inverter - Monitor are just toys! :rotfl:

Hi Oscar.
    I too have the "one day ahead of itself" bug (It thinks it is Friday 28th.)
    Other than that everything reported is "believable", though the inverter and the display on the gizmo monitor tends to be slightly optimistic, when compare to the spurious accuracy of the generation meter, in my meter cupboard, and its two figures to the right of the decimal point.

It is a 3.6 kW inverter with a serial number of 717088 & reports the firmware as C.0.2.2 - presumably manufactured in Italy to a USA design ?

My reported voltage is usually circa 250 V.

I wonder how long the "start-up boot strap battery" will last before I need to work out how to replace it?

I've been away during these autumn squalls so I report an average generation for the start of the week of 5.5 with a 4.9 yesterday.

John.
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Oscar.

That's not quite the same as Oscar's fault.
    Although the inverter is set for the correct date; the monitor gives it as being one day ahead, i.e. today (which was then Mon 24th) registers as Tue 24th. (This was caused with Feb this year having 29 days.)
    But even his explanation seems wrong - if the error was caused by an unforseen Feb 29th , you'd expect the thing to show the correct day of the week but the wrong date.

JP's problem might be that whoever set the clock up did so at 11am but called it 11pm so it now 'thinks' we're at 3 o'clock tomorrow morning.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,573 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2012 at 1:58PM
    Options
    8.09kWh today.
    Might have made the 15kWh I needed for 1 years PVGIS
    but around 15.00 we had a downpour which ruined things.
    Not forecast...or wanted:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 September 2012 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Hi Oscar.
    Other than that everything reported is "believable", though the inverter and the display on the gizmo monitor tends to be slightly optimistic, when compare to the spurious accuracy of the generation meter, in my meter cupboard, and its two figures to the right of the decimal point.

It is a 3.6 kW inverter with a serial number of 717088 & reports the firmware as C.0.2.2 - presumably manufactured in Italy to a USA design ?

My reported voltage is usually circa 250 V.

My Inverter has shut down for the night, so cannot give you the SN. or Firmware. Will post the morrow for you. I do know that it is an Outdoor Inverter, rated at 3.0 (although sat in my hall cupboard, above the Gen Meter), the Inverter is, not me!:rotfl:
    EricMears wrote: »
    That's not quite the same as Oscar's fault.

But even his explanation seems wrong - if the error was caused by an unforseen Feb 29th , you'd expect the thing to show the correct day of the week but the wrong date.

JP's problem might be that whoever set the clock up did so at 11am but called it 11pm so it now 'thinks' we're at 3 o'clock tomorrow morning.

Don't think the above could have happened either Eric; they are on 24hr clock displays. :D Strange thing is, the inverter shows the correct date and time, when it transmits to the Monitor, it all goes to 'Rat !!!!!'. :)

Anyway, 9.3 kWh today on Thursday the 37th of September 3012..:rotfl:
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    Options
    Im afraid not much generation around here... 4.77kwh...
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,668 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    9.8kWh here today, so far for Sept 320kWh which is already better than March & April but looks unlikely to now beat any of the summer months
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • sly_dog_jonah
    Options
    14.5, 6.2 & 15.2kWh in the past 3 days. Still looking good for beating PVGIS-Classic for Sept by 25-30% (we're already +14%).
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback