Forum Home» Green & Ethical MoneySaving

Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation" - Page 1224

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

edited 19 December 2019 at 10:25PM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
26.7K replies 1.8M views

Replies

• OscargrouchOscargrouch Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    legoman62 wrote: »
    3.27 O's or 13.1 kWh here today:D

Which comes 1st, Oct 1st or the 19 O's I need for PVGIS:think::undecided
    Could be a difficult one that, to be sure..eusa_think.gif...4.32 O's for me,....coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • ispookie666ispookie666 Forumite
    388 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    4.2 O's today.
    Plan for tomorrow - cutting down the tree which is causing shading. Looks like the carbon saving is >4 trees, so i can get away with cutting down a 2 story tree.
    Mortgage free before I hit 50. :(
    3.5KWp 14 panels + 14 Enphase microinverters + gateway + Solar iBoost
  • hollie.weimeranerhollie.weimeraner Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Supplied my first FIT reading yesterday which was 119% of PVGIS :j

On the downside I have just got back from holiday and it hasn't been a good month. I need 14 O's to make PVGIS which may be pushing it.
    3.975 KW Solar PV. 15 Canadian Black 265w panels with Sunny Boy 3600tl Inverter. SSE facing with 30 degree pitch. In occasionally sunny Sheffield.
    Toyota Auris Hybrid Tourer
  • theboylardtheboylard Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Just landed in Gloweth, just outside Truro, for another uni open day at Penryn campus, uni of Exeter.
    Nice airbnb place, makes a short drive to campus in the morning.
    Fantastic sunset as we drove in, and home has done 4.2 ho's, so all is good in the world!
    4kWp, SSE, 16 x 250w EcoFuture BoB with retro-fitted SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
  • Just had my panels fitted yesterday - 'switched on' today. Managed 8.82KW from midday..so quite happy - think that is 1.55 'Os'!! Sunny day south of manchester!! waiting to see what they can do for their first full day tomorrow!
  • legoman62legoman62 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    What they forecast "sunshine all day":rotfl:

What we got...cloudy and dull:(

Made 2.2 O's here today:)
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch.
    Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • ispookie666ispookie666 Forumite
    388 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    3.5 O's today
    Mortgage free before I hit 50. :(
    3.5KWp 14 panels + 14 Enphase microinverters + gateway + Solar iBoost
  • OscargrouchOscargrouch Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    pigglypots wrote: »
    Just had my panels fitted yesterday - 'switched on' today. Managed 8.82KW from midday..so quite happy - think that is 1.55 'Os'!! Sunny day south of manchester!! waiting to see what they can do for their first full day tomorrow!
    Me getting confused; fitted Thursday 24th so today was your full day??? :cool:
    legoman62 wrote: »
    What they forecast "sunshine all day":rotfl:

What we got...cloudy and dull:(

Made 2.2 O's here today:)

!!!!! happens Leggo....4.64 O's for me...coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Although panels fitted on 24th - was too dim to commission...so spark had to come back today (25th) and press the button etc...therefore generation only started about midday today
  • Aauk25Aauk25 Forumite
    10 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi guys

Newbie here, had my 4k system installed on 15 sept, 16x 250 panels, trannergy invertor.
    I have so far in 10 days generated 151kwh , would you say that was good? My best day was 16 sept where i got 24kwh. Live in W Yorks, south facing, no shade.