3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Very similar day to yesterday here...with less sun = 2.42 O's or 9.7 kWh:D

For Oscar. https://www.wattson.energyhive.com/dashboard/legomansenergy

wattsonanywhere say's I made 9.56 kWh...close enough for me:cool:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 May 2015 at 9:43PM
    Options
    I will sit a little above 2.5 Os today. It is not a great day or a particularly good start to May generally.
    Thanks for the PM.
    legoman62 wrote: »
    For Oscar. https://www.wattson.energyhive.com/dashboard/legomansenergy
    wattsonanywhere say's I made 9.56 kWh...close enough for me:cool:

:rotfl::rotfl:..9.57 kWh according to my view....Due to your 40 Wh gen overnight... smiley-laughing021.gif

Not a good day with only 3.00000 O's....bummer..coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi guys, wondering if anyone else has encountered an issue similar to my latest plight. Yesterday, my Dad`s system (identical to mine) decided to lie in until after 7 am, a full 3 hours after mine awoke. Keeping in mind we live in the same village he`s slightly concerned by this, should he be? I had a look into it and all looked fine (except his Electric meter which I found to be ticking precariously backwards!)…..once it came to life. He only ended up 1.5 Kwh behind me generation wise. Appreciate your thoughts,

Cheers!
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shavy65 wrote: »
    Hi guys, wondering if anyone else has encountered an issue similar to my latest plight. Yesterday, my Dad`s system (identical to mine) decided to lie in until after 7 am, a full 3 hours after mine awoke. Keeping in mind we live in the same village he`s slightly concerned by this, should he be? I had a look into it and all looked fine (except his Electric meter which I found to be ticking precariously backwards!)…..once it came to life. He only ended up 1.5 Kwh behind me generation wise. Appreciate your thoughts,

Cheers!

Hiya shavy. Did your system really start up at 4am, or was that a typo?

When you say the systems are identical, do you really mean identical? In particular do they have identical orientation and roof pitch?

Any shading issues?

Can you / have you compared annual generation, is there a difference?

I'm thinking that 1.5kWh is quite a big difference if kit and placement are truly identical.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hawaii + .77 today (22.6 kWh). Less cold and less windy too. Felt rather pleasant compared to late.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hawaii + a little (20.5 kWh)

No hot water:eek: even with the Iboost diverting power allday?

Don't know anything about tanks. Do they have heating elements and can they go?

Were able to heat water with the boiler so cold showers avoided.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• shavy65
    Options
    Hi Martyn, teah this time of year my system `wakes up` some time between 4 and 5am, nothing worth noting is genereated until slightly after this though!

OK, should have been more specific when I said they were identical. My Dad`s roof is slightly steeper at about 45 Deg. Orientation is identical. Both have no shading. Annual generation is the same. All kit is identical though.

Worth noting that this morning his system was back to normal. Seems it was just an anomally yesterday morning....he`s hoping anyway! :o
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • shavy65
    Options
    Also - 6.5 O`s up here today :D
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    Hawaii + a little (20.5 kWh)

Don't know anything about tanks. Do they have heating elements and can they go?

They do, yes. Normally need a plumber to change them - or try it yourself at your peril as there is always a risk of breaking the tank trying to remove the old one.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback