We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Audi A1 1.2 Petrol?

I want to buy a Audi A1, 1.2 petrol car. but not sure if I should buy a sport version or standard version? sales man said sport versions tend to hold the value a bit more?

also if I do buy this car, anything else you may think I should know about this car? thanks :eek:

Comments

  • jwruk
    jwruk Posts: 205 Forumite
    jetliu2000 wrote: »
    I want to buy a Audi A1, 1.2 petrol car. but not sure if I should buy a sport version or standard version? sales man said sport versions tend to hold the value a bit more?

    also if I do buy this car, anything else you may think I should know about this car? thanks :eek:

    Audi A1 - based on the same platform as the Seat Ibiza and VW Polo, just costs a lot more.

    There isn't a standard version, either SE, Sport or S-line.

    Yes the Sport will hold it's value as it has a few more toys, but it also costs more to purchase and the salesman would love to up-sell.

    I've just noticed the OTR costs - only buy one at list price if you're mad!
  • jetliu2000 wrote: »
    I want to buy a Audi A1, 1.2 petrol car. but not sure if I should buy a sport version or standard version? sales man said sport versions tend to hold the value a bit more?

    also if I do buy this car, anything else you may think I should know about this car? thanks :eek:

    I have the 1.4 TDSi Sport and it is a superb car. I was also advised to go for the Sport over the SE and really glad I did - the sports seats are far more comfy that the SE (imo), but I think the major difference is the bluetooth connectivity (never had it before, and I know it's a luxury..... But couldn't be without it now). Any other questions just ask :)
  • adamc260
    adamc260 Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    jetliu2000 wrote: »
    I want to buy a Audi A1, 1.2 petrol car. but not sure if I should buy a sport version or standard version? sales man said sport versions tend to hold the value a bit more?

    also if I do buy this car, anything else you may think I should know about this car? thanks :eek:

    You should know it's an overpriced Skoda Fabia, Seat Ibiza and VW Polo...

    Sales men in Dealerships will tell you ANYTHING to get you to sign.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.