We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Wasted train ticket?
Hi everyone,
I have bought two First Advance Single tickets for the train which, due to changed circumstances, I no longer need.
They were booked with CrossCountry who tell me that I can refund them but it will cost me £10 administration per ticket. The total for both tickets is only £20.50 so not really worth doing that.
At the same time I don't want to have to just lose my £20.50!
Any ideas how I can get my cash back / transfer my ticket etc?
It's for a Bristol - Swansea on Friday afternoon, and then Swansea - Bristol on Tuesday morning.
Any ideas much appreciated...
..Cheers
Danielle
I have bought two First Advance Single tickets for the train which, due to changed circumstances, I no longer need.
They were booked with CrossCountry who tell me that I can refund them but it will cost me £10 administration per ticket. The total for both tickets is only £20.50 so not really worth doing that.
At the same time I don't want to have to just lose my £20.50!
Any ideas how I can get my cash back / transfer my ticket etc?
It's for a Bristol - Swansea on Friday afternoon, and then Swansea - Bristol on Tuesday morning.
Any ideas much appreciated...
..Cheers
Danielle
0
Comments
-
Youre flogging a dead horse, you cant sell them, its the rules,
unless you can sell them to someone you know.
Been there, done that.make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
and we will never, ever return.0 -
Put them in the bin - they are of no value.
Unless you can find someone who can use them. You can't legally sell them though0 -
Unfortunately that's the problem with advance tickets, cheap but worthless if you can't keep to your travel dates/times, unless you pay an admin fee.
As stated above it's against railway byelaws to resell these tickets and it's also against forum rules to mention or link various websites where this happens.
PS. don't even try ebay, their very strict and will remove the auction as soon as it's spotted.Whoa! This image violates our terms of use and has been removed from view0 -
Ah - didn't realise it wasn't allowed (guess it makes sense to avoid abuse)... thanks for the replies anyhow!
Danielle0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards