Old Santander Card

I have an old 'zero' credit card from Santander - used for the existing bank customer fee-free BT offer, now expired. What's it good for anyone?
.....under construction....

Replies

• YorkshireBoyYorkshireBoy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Plenty of 12 and 13 month BT offers for me, but with a 3% fee I can't make a profit from them.

I just use mine for overseas spending nowadays...but have kept the £8K limit just in case a workable BT offer comes along.
  • Getting commission-free and loading-free cash out abroad seems a pretty large plus to me - I'm guessing either you've got the Halifax clarity card (the only other card that lets you), or you've never totted up how much the b*****ds lay on top when you change money (whether that be your bank, the post office, travellers cheques, etc, etc.).

I'd keep the zero card until a few more banks introduce similar (don't hold your breath :)
  • Just be careful regarding the dormancy fee on Santander Credit Cards.

The dormancy fee is usually £10 if you don't use your card in a 6 month period.
  • FingerbobsFingerbobs Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    senor_pea wrote: »
    Just be careful regarding the dormancy fee on Santander Credit Cards.

The dormancy fee is usually £10 if you don't use your card in a 6 month period.

They abolished the dormancy fee a few months ago.

I still use mine for foreign transactions, but very little else. Never had any workable BT offers since the initial one :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals