We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

bmw spark plugs

2»

Comments

  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Weird_Nev wrote: »
    Just pop into an autofactors like unipart or Allparts with your reg number, they'll sort you out with the right plugs.

    I got NGK's for my BMW, they were less than £2 each.

    Who cares if they're made in China?! So long as they are made to the right standard, and subject to good QC, they will be fine. NGK and Bosch are both absolutely fine, wherever they're made.


    I agree with you, both equally as good nowdays.
    I've got chinese Bosch in one of mine, they spark as well as any other.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,853 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    slade1961 wrote: »
    all the forums i have been on tell me bosch or ngk thanks .

    There may be good reason for this?

    When I had a BM, the only times I ever had problems with plugs was when I used something other than Bosch or NGK - They failed in no time at all, including one memorable occasion when a bemused RAC patroller said he had never seen an entire set of plugs fail at once before. Lucky I had the old set of NGKs in the boot! :)
  • Road_Hog
    Road_Hog Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    mikey72 wrote: »
    I give up with you.
    Brand new, specially flown from the factory to you?

    The fact you bought a set a couple of weeks ago from someones stock means Bosch are wrong in their press release?

    (I think you'll find you made a statement, you appear to think you asked a question. Maybe you missed something off somewhere?)

    Oh, of course, because you've seen a press release saying that Bosch make spark plugs in China, that means every single plug is made in that country.

    Yep, every international company sets up a company in China and then doesn't make anything in any other part of the world, oh no.

    http://www.boschindia.com/content/language1/html/7827.htm

    So, not only in China, but India as well, no wait also Russia.

    http://www.bosch.ru/language2/press/interavto-exhibition/index.html

    Wait, what do Bosch have to say themselves?

    "Bosch Spark Plugs are Universal
    Whether in Germany, India, Brazil, Russia, or China – Bosch now manufactures spark plugs around the globe."

    http://aa.bosch.de/aa-zuendkerzen/en/quality_worldwide.htm

    Is that Bosch themselves saying they actually manufacture spark plugs in Germany? I wonder where they manufacturer spark plugs for the EU market?

    You want to teach your !!!! to talk and walk backwards, it would make more sense. Or are you now going to start arguing with what the Bosch website says?
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2012 at 2:02AM
    Road_Hog wrote: »
    Oh, of course, because you've seen a press release saying that Bosch make spark plugs in China, that means every single plug is made in that country.

    Yep, every international company sets up a company in China and then doesn't make anything in any other part of the world, oh no.

    http://www.boschindia.com/content/language1/html/7827.htm

    So, not only in China, but India as well, no wait also Russia.

    http://www.bosch.ru/language2/press/interavto-exhibition/index.html

    Wait, what do Bosch have to say themselves?

    "Bosch Spark Plugs are Universal
    Whether in Germany, India, Brazil, Russia, or China – Bosch now manufactures spark plugs around the globe."

    http://aa.bosch.de/aa-zuendkerzen/en/quality_worldwide.htm

    Is that Bosch themselves saying they actually manufacture spark plugs in Germany? I wonder where they manufacturer spark plugs for the EU market?

    You want to teach your !!!! to talk and walk backwards, it would make more sense. Or are you now going to start arguing with what the Bosch website says?


    Idiot

    I can't be bothered reading alll your rubbish, the bosch india is reported for the home market in india, RBNJ in china is exported globally.

    Can you read?

    When you learn how to, look at "oe" and "aftermarket"
  • Nearly_Old
    Nearly_Old Posts: 482 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    whitelabel wrote: »
    go to http://www.eurocarparts.com type in yoru reg number and search spark plugs and it will list some for you
    they will have bosch super plus,, NGK and their own brand perhaps
    use discount code
    service25 to get a 25% discount if you want to buy them from there
    or shop around using the type they recommend and you decide on
    I usually buy from eurocarparts when they've got a discount code but they are very expensive for my NGK BKR6E spark plugs which are £10.20 each at the moment. The cheapest appears to be £6.79. At least it was the last owner who had them changed just before I bought the car 4 years ago - just wonder if I should get a set now even though they won't be due for changing for another 4 years. I suspect that if I got cheaper ones that I'd be changing them more frequently than every 8 years.
  • Minted247
    Minted247 Posts: 21 Forumite
    NGK off eBay were fine for me, just make sure you don't buy fake ones!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.