BMW Finance / PPI

2»

Comments

• magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Who was the dealer?
  • The dealer was Sandal BMW of Wakefield.
  • I bought a BMW from the same garage in 2009, I'm 3 years through a 4 year finance agreement, is there anything I can do to reclaim any PPI or remove it from my agreement, thus reducing the payment?
  • Ring them and ask to speak to one of the business managers. Tell them you were miss sold the PPI and you wish to reclaim it.
  • Hello,

I just wondered if anybody has any experience of reclaiming PPI from BMW Finance?
    I no longer have any of my agreements, so I called BMW up to check if they have anything on record and they have found 5 documents - 4 with PPI. They emailed me the 3 documents straight away and they have requested the 4th from their archive, which should be with me on Monday. They also gave me the address of the Compliance Team who I need to address any claims to.

The agreements cover a period of 4 years between 2001-2005, are there any pitfalls with a claim beginning over 10 years ago or do I simply follow normal procedure and write a letter enclosing all the agreements? The PPI amount is in black and white on all the agreements and it was most definitely mis-sold to me. It's a decent amount of money too, and as I said at the top I just wanted to see if anybody has any inside knowledge on BMW Finance before I begin the process.
    I to purchased a BMW with PPI in 2003 and am now at deadlock unless I can find the underwriter name for BMW in 2003. Can anybody out there help with this Many thanks
  • Hi I too purchased a BMW with BMW Financial Services in 2005 and am told by the Ombudsman that because this was prior to FSA regukations I am in deadlock unless I can get the name of the underwriter. Does anybody out there know who the underwriters were for BMW Financial Services in 2005. BMW have admitted that PPI was sold but are using the excuse of FSA regulations. I have a copy of the Agreement but no insurers name is present. Cany anybody help I feel very strongly about this as BMW seen to be getting off very lightly
  • I have Copies of original PPI documentation from 2005 when I took out a hire purchase agreements to buy a mini. This was under BMW financial services trading as BMW financial services. In October 2005 they were underwritten by St Andrews life assurance plc and St Andrews insurance plc. Hope this helps and if anyone knows how to check for sure whether I had PPI or not on my agreement please let me know as it's not clear, many thanks.
  • I know how you feel iam going through exactly the same, dealership told me that I had PPI on all vehicles purchased by me but still won't reveal details of insurance company involved , I also heard rumours that st.Andrews was the insurance company used but on contacting them, they denied having any policys in my name. HOW DO WE GET TO THE TRUTH, DO YOU THINK SOMETHING ILLEGAL IS GOING ON, wouldn't be the first time for these people. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 November 2020 at 10:41PM
    No, nothing illegal.

And the thread is almost nine years old now, so the OP has probably moved on. 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Posting on multiple threads is going to change the people responding or the answers you get.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback