We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Quick question about closing a Ltd Company
Scots
Posts: 149 Forumite
I have a dormant Ltd company which I want to close.
I have filled DS01 and attached cheque for £10.
Is that all I have to do or do I still need to file an Annual Return and pay the £14 for that service as well ?
The letter fron CH is not very clear, it says to file a return but then goes on to say I can close the company if I want, but doesn't say if I need to do both.
tia
I have filled DS01 and attached cheque for £10.
Is that all I have to do or do I still need to file an Annual Return and pay the £14 for that service as well ?
The letter fron CH is not very clear, it says to file a return but then goes on to say I can close the company if I want, but doesn't say if I need to do both.
tia
0
Comments
-
Hello there
There is no need to complete the annual return.
I would recommend you write to HMRC and ensure your corporation tax returns are submitted up until the point the company ceased trading, and notify HMRC that you have ceased trading - otherwise there is a chance they will object to the strike-off and delay the process.0 -
Thanks.
The company has never traded. Only registered 2 years ago and not done anything with it.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards