Help Please with charges

Options
My son is taking the Halifax to court for the bank charges they owe him. £631-50 + £80 Court fee.
He wrote to them asking for the last 6 years charges back on 23rd December 2006,they did not answer his letter.
He wrote again this year 2007,this time they did reply with: We (The Halifax) owe you nothing,our charges are right. He then again through your template form told them he was going to take them to court and applied to court for a hearing costing him £80. He waited the alloted time for them to reply, they (Halifax) did not.
He then contacted the court to give the go ahead with the claim, the court then told him Halifax was defending the claim and has now sent him the court papers.
This evening, The Halifax rang him offering £150,they said he could only go back 6 yrs from filing to the court. That would strike out most of his claim which was for the year 2000. Can the Halifax do this? or does my son`s claim start from when he first wrote to them on 23rd December 2006. If he has to accept this £150 can he get his £80 back from the court. Many Thanks.

Comments

• offledust
    Options
    Any advice please, What do we do next!
  • electriclady
    Options
    offledust wrote:
    My son is taking the Halifax to court for the bank charges they owe him. £631-50 + £80 Court fee.
    He wrote to them asking for the last 6 years charges back on 23rd December 2006,they did not answer his letter.
    He wrote again this year 2007,this time they did reply with: We (The Halifax) owe you nothing,our charges are right. He then again through your template form told them he was going to take them to court and applied to court for a hearing costing him £80. He waited the alloted time for them to reply, they (Halifax) did not.
    He then contacted the court to give the go ahead with the claim, the court then told him Halifax was defending the claim and has now sent him the court papers.
    This evening, The Halifax rang him offering £150,they said he could only go back 6 yrs from filing to the court. That would strike out most of his claim which was for the year 2000. Can the Halifax do this? or does my son`s claim start from when he first wrote to them on 23rd December 2006. If he has to accept this £150 can he get his £80 back from the court. Many Thanks.

Hi,
    I'm not very clued up on this just yet, but from what I have read on other forums, you can only claim on the past 6 years worth of charges.
    I'm not sure when the claim starts, but I'm sure someone will give you some info today....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure