We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
A Current Account That Won't...
Ed_Zep
Posts: 340
Forumite
allow you to go overdrawn.
Does such a thing exist?
I think it'd be great to have a second a/c that just declines any payment that puts you in the red.
Very naive question, I know. :A
Does such a thing exist?
I think it'd be great to have a second a/c that just declines any payment that puts you in the red.
Very naive question, I know. :A
0
Comments
-
Co-op's CashMinder comes to mind, but you'll have to make sure you never buy goods in a shop using the debit card. If you do, you could go overdrawn (ie, spend the cash before the shop has taken the money).
Barclays, Halifax and others do similar accounts (usually with the same condition)0 -
People like think banking offer such an account, but charge you a fortune for doing your work for you. You're better off buying a pen and note book and putting the savings into your account.0
-
I agree with previous poster.
Lloyds charge £10 for their control account.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards