Fast Payment Between Barclays to Natwest

Hello
I need to have an extra £30 in my Natwest account by friday to cover a direct debit that i have forgotton!!!

If i transfer from my Barclays account will it be there on time? I have never transfered like this to this account before

I have heard about FASTER PAYMENTS??? Do i need to do something special to get this to work?

I dont mean to be dumb, i just cant get away to my Branch 42miles away as the children are ill

Thank You in Advance!x

Comments

• opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    It should be there within 2 hours. More likely 2 minutes.

Try a test payment for £1 if you like. Just double check the sort code and account number that you're sending it to carefully and you'll be fine.
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    More like 20 seconds between those two banks. Just do it online x
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • I've done it! and it was there by the time i logged into the Natwest account.
    I was just so scared that i'd mess it up, lose the money or it not turn up for weeks!!!
    I couldnt afford for it to go astray this week - Thanks for giving me the confidence to go ahead!!! xx
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    No problem. Glad your sorted:)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure